ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cup

Alien Green 200
Been a year, a lot has happed

Serviced twice, coolant changed.
All 4 alloys are kerbed.
Lacquer is coming off a bit of the front bumper.
4 new Falken ze914 tyres were fitted.
MOT was failed.
New rear brakes were fitted.
New airbag ecu was bought.
Changed into 2nd from 3rd at high revs, lower Cambelt pulley suspected to have turned resulting in a broken engine.
Car was SORN'd
Saxo VTR was bought.

Current plan is to buy a new engine, send it down to Mick at Diamond for fitting and a few other bits, get it MOT'd and taxed, sell the saxo and have a good time again.

Alien Green 200
No its a 53, HT53 RZM. Might go clean it tomorrow actually. And sort out the not locking door and banging exhaust on saxo. Plan.

Alien Green 200
Quick update, engine has been bought, getting it sent to Mick at Diamond next week, get clio sent down monday or tuesday, got a list of stuff that wants doing, get it mot'd whilst its down there, then tax it, re-insure it and drive it again! Then it'll need mapping, good thing RS Tuning are round the corner from me.

Alien Green 200
New engine is currently in transit somewhere between Kent and Nottingham, woohoo! Hopefully get the cup sent down to mick next week if he gets any room in that clio carpark he calls a unit.

Alien Green 200
YO. Have a photo of my rides:
20130905_104043_zpsc73e84a6.jpg

Clio getting sent to Diamond on Weds 9th, Mick will do some voodoo and we will be reunited all being well on Sat 12th. I am so excited! Proper happy. :cool: :rasp:

11 DAYS TO GO.

Alien Green 200
Clio is now with Mick, got collected at 8am after a quick overnight battery charge, engine swap, clutch, g/box speed sensor, front discs and pads and airbag ecu config are all down to be done along with an mot tomorrow and friday, priority is getting it running though so ill be happy enough as long as it drives.

Enlisted papa dean to take me down saturday morning to collect and make my credit card bill a bit higher.

Alien Green 200
f**k me. Pulls like a train now.

MOT failed, sticky rear caliper sort that out tomorrow and get it retested then taxed then maybe do some driving finally

Alien Green 200
broken again, had a new caliper, got test, got tax, 3 weeks later crack in the sump and bottom end gone.

now up for sale £700.

Alien Green 200
final update, since the new engine let go and I had no money to fix it and moving house all at the same time I had to sell it. it went to a newish member on here jefinabox. absolutely gutted to sell it after all the time and money i put into it to get it running right and develop a known history with it using good quality parts etc etc

onwards and upwards, hope jeff has as good a time with it as i did over the last couple of years. currently looking at silly turbocharged jap cars since movin to york and not having to drive to work my mileage has dropped massively. hopefully get rid of the saxo soon and make a purchase maybe end of feb.

jefinabox

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I bought the car from Deany, top bloke and thanks for the easy transaction.

It's got a new engine in and if I sort a few niggles should be insured for next weekend. I'll start a thread soon.