ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Should give enough time to finish of Horizon 2 then. So glad I got an Xbone last weekend now with this delay.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Project Cars delayed into 2015
17 Oct, 2014
Update: We now have official word.
It seems the delay is in order to avoid releasing alongside the 'AAA' titles which are also lined up for November and to help polish the game a little more.

"Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience," said Head of Studio Ian Bell.
"Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months."

The Wii U version was not mentioned.

It is a shame that it is being delayed as it was probably the only sim-racing game i was really looking forward to playing this year, luckily still get some fun out of GT6.... Not to interested in Driveclub either but will grab it when they eventually decide to release it on PSN. Would be interested to know what competition they are on about as the market isn't exactly flooded with AAA racing titles coming out this year:confused:
Fingers crossed that during this delay Sony and Logitech decide to start talking with each other again and sort out this bullshit concerning the G25/27 etc steering wheels:stig:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it does have some drawbacks but it will be nice to be able to start high as I generally find slow cars in driving games pretty dull. With FM5 I had to put a few hours in before I could use the faster cars and there's still a load of cars I want to race but can't buy them yet.

I think if they add other features in like championships and rewards etc it should still keep things interesting.

RS Clio 182
Looks awesome - cant wait for this. Havnt driven Oulton Park since the TOCA days..

I hope there in-depth championship modes....i hate the short races in other racing games 'career' modes.

RS Clio 182
Not looked forward to a racing game this much since the early Gran Turismos. Drive Club is a good pick and play arcade game - but PC is something to really to get your teeth into,i much prefer the more serious racing sims. Love the fact there are so many vids about as its been tested as a beta for years - will really benefit it that gamers have been giving feedback on how to improve it for so long. Finally a chance to drive touring cars around Oulton Park & Snetterton again! The AI looks good aswell,making mistakes and getting damaged.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
14751250707_5f6ea210b9_b.jpg

14751224898_f38f79ac9d_b.jpg

15648749248_8ac4e63a83_b.jpg

16376137916_4c42c06717_b.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
One big drawback I read the other day which I hadn't realised. Kind of sucks, but no customisation. You can tune but can't upgrade apparently.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Still a big drawback for me, I guess mix grids do take away from the reality a bit but I hadn't actually realised it was no customisation. I hope the tuning is good.

One of the best things with forza imo is being able to race the likes of street cars with hyper cars or hyper cars with gt cars etc. Ah well I'm sure this will be good but don't think its going to hit the spot like Forza. We will see..

RS Clio 182
Yeah as mentioned,this game is not about earning 'XP' to upgrade,unlock cars or customise - its about racing,pure & simple. As far as ive gathered,all cars and tracks are unlocked straight away,so you can go and do anything,which is refreshing. On some racing games i never get round to driving the fastest cars because i just dont have the time to grind out the XP and unlock everything. And not mixing car classes doesnt bother me - i would rather drive same classes anyway as it produces really close competitive races.

I'd rather no tuning in a way.
More focused!

Omg I'm looking forward to this s lot more now after hearing all British tracks. Why don't They do a new toca game?!

......off to watch all videos in the thread

Nah. ..... this can't be right...... it has to be too good to be true surely?!

It looks way too good! All the different racing classes, weather, night racing, all those tracks, in cockpit views unreal!

No way..... I'm going to be devastated if it sucks.

RS Clio 182
Omg I'm looking forward to this s lot more now after hearing all British tracks. Why don't They do a new toca game?!

I think this is as close to a TOCA game as we have had since the Codemasters series....you can do full Qualifying & Races on tracks such as Donington Snetterton,Oulton Park & Brands Hatch - and with old classics such as a Sierra Cosworth! Im really looking forward to this area of the game...espeically with dynamic weather and full pit-stops.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Meh makes it a more level playing field

Yeah suppose lol, I just love buying and building then tuning a car.. I guess there will always be Forza for that and then this for when I want some serious racing.. Best just hope the physics are good now then.

Cant wait though, using the british tracks will be awesome, never played a driving game that has anything other than silverstone. Only a month now isn't it?

I think this is as close to a TOCA game as we have had since the Codemasters series....you can do full Qualifying & Races on tracks such as Donington Snetterton,Oulton Park & Brands Hatch - and with old classics such as a Sierra Cosworth! Im really looking forward to this area of the game...espeically with dynamic weather and full pit-stops.
Omg. Don't..... I'm getting excited and want to throw forza out the window already!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Racing drivers from many genres have play tested this and have been amazed by how realistic and authentic it is. There are a few videos on Youtube of their reviews and findings.

It does look bloody good, but I'm wondering how much the PC will overshadow the consoles as far as graphical capabilities go.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Racing drivers from many genres have play tested this and have been amazed by how realistic and authentic it is. There are a few videos on Youtube of their reviews and findings.

That's not necessarily a measure to go by - there's plenty of drivers who thought GT4 was realistic.