ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Gameplay footage on PS4... ( terrible driving but you get the idea )

On a separate note looks like I may have to sell the G25 and pay another £180 on top to upgrade to a T500 RS Steering wheel as Logitech and Sony don't seem interested in speaking to each other and sorting out drivers for the G25/7 wheels.... Sony's Option is buy a steering wheel that cost as much as a PS4:dapprove: I won't be playing this or Driveclub on pad so seems I have no other option at the minute:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
So what are the options for wheels on this? Is it still the case that g25/g27 ( which I don't own ) will not work? I hope they don't bring out an 'exclusive' wheel for the game which sucks and have limited compatibility with all existing wheels

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah I'd like them to clarify the wheel situation really. I've got a g27 atm and I don't really fancy shelling out for a new wheel.

Could it be the case that the Logitech wheels will work but not be 'supported' so won't have menus on the game?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
These are all supported;

[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]PLAYSTATION 4[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback

Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]PC[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]Thrusmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback

Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch
Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500
Thrustmaster GP XID Gamepad
Thrustmaster GPX Gamepad
Thrustmaster GPX LightBack Black Edition Gamepad

Fanatec Porsche Turbo
Fanatec Porsche Carrera
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3V2
Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
Fanatec ClubSport (+ Pedals)

Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (+SQ)

Logitech G25
Logitech G27
Logitech Driving Force
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech MOMO Force
Logitech MOMO Racing

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback
SimRaceway SRW-S1
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]XBOX ONE[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=#A1A1A1 !important]

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing

Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
[/COLOR]

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah so why aren't the Logitech bits supported on ps4 and XBO? Very frustrating

DCi
I've got a driving force GT from my ps3/PC... Haven't bought a car game for the ps4 yet to see what happens but waiting for this!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah so why aren't the Logitech bits supported on ps4 and XBO? Very frustrating

PS4 - Sony got strict over USB access since the whole jailbreaking of the PS3s, so the peripherals for PS4 have chips somewhere in them with authorisation to talk to the PS4

XBO - Microsoft doesn't do backwards compatibility tbf

I believe there are 2 wheels you can use for the XBO, the Thrustmaster 458 wheel, and the Mad Catz one

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I imagine somebody will just hack together a bridge to get them talking to each other eventually.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Release date quoted online 21st November, can't f*cking wait. Almost bought Driveclub just to tide me over yesterday!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
640c2bcd7077006bc82e8bdb072b4504.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So what consoles are people getting this on? The PS4 version will be 1080P and 60FPS. They are aiming to have the Xbone version run the same.
I've got my pre-order in for it on the Xbone at the mo as I still think LIVE is the better (More fun/social) online service.

Golf GTi Mk2
Stuff like modelling the airflow through engines. Our volumetric throttle code calculates power available at a given intake manifold pressure, and means that ambient air pressure due to height above sea level will have an effect on engine performance depending on the setup of a particular car. And where a car has a turbo, it's properly modelled (airflow, spin up, wastegate, blow-off valve) rather than just arbitrarily applying a multiplier to the number labelled 'speed'. And our tyre model is amazing, too.
Jesus.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Stuff like modelling the airflow through engines. Our volumetric throttle code calculates power available at a given intake manifold pressure, and means that ambient air pressure due to height above sea level will have an effect on engine performance depending on the setup of a particular car. And where a car has a turbo, it's properly modelled (airflow, spin up, wastegate, blow-off valve) rather than just arbitrarily applying a multiplier to the number labelled 'speed'. And our tyre model is amazing, too.
Jesus.
I read that. Truly awesome.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I now hate reading about this game. It sounds so brilliant but knowing I won't be able to use my (bloody expensive!!) g27 with it is really putting me off.

Everything is looking so promising with it but I can't see that playing with a controller is going to be anywhere near as good

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
So Thrustmaster wheels have this 'Chip' inside then?

Not sure about all of them but there is a list on the project cars website of the wheels that work with 5 or 6 thrustmaster wheels listed, those will definitely have the chip.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Its on Neogaf:
"Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 17th 2015 in the US and March 20th 2015 in Europe''

Not 100% confirmed yet though...

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Sounds like they announced it to the investors but asked them not to speak about it until there is a press conference or similar.

I'd say it looks pretty much certain

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I just hope this gives me time to sort my wheel out so that I can really enjoy it once it finally comes out.