ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #69; Clio 182FF

RenaultSport 182FF
I ordered this the other day and it came this morning, its the wrong fitment, this is actually the right one by the looks of it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...hicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e7693e097&_uhb=1

How do i go on about returning it/exchanging it for the correct one)?

Ohh bugger!!!

Sorry Tom, I think that this may have been a quick link :( my apologies

I would imagine the chap would be happy to exchange it though, it says he has a 30 day return policy :)

RenaultSport 182FF
Sunday 10th February: Cheltenham ClioSport Meeting :clap:

Attendee's:
1. Lordman
2. Cazzy
3. Mr Bean
4. Carlv8415
5. Tom3006
6. Turner24
7. Lee P
8. Jones88

The Schedule:
Meet at Waitrose, Cheltenham for 11am, grab something to eat at Nando's and then drive to Chepstow, Monmouthshire.

Unfortunately the weather turn on us which was a shame as the turn out was actually very good :)
Photo's were taken but due to the weather were disappointing, rain kept getting on the lens and the wind was unbearable. Minimal time was spent setting up the shot therefore it was inevitable I wouldn't get a decent photo :p

Cheltenham shots:
CheltenhamBreweryCarpark_zps3490f9a7.jpg

DSCF5822_zpsfc68af37.jpg

DSCF5819_zpsec217cca.jpg

Chepstow (Severn Bridge) shots:
S0505897copycopy_zpseae67eaf.jpg

The Welsh representative for Pontypool: Tom Jones, Doing you proud with "My spider sense is tingling me"
S0485895_zps82e9225c.jpg

My car on the slipway, and my car only!

Everyone else decided against this due to the rain dripping onto those slippery cobbles!
Although I believe it had something to do with the lack of belief in what the FWD system the clio had/has to offer.
They weren't to keen on the possibility that they may lose them to the seabed :D

While doing so I had plenty of support from the chaps, as im sure you can imagine :p Basterds!!!
The best one was "move your car mate, there's a bomb"

S0085855_zps2bbd2006.jpg

S0145861_zpsee9e16bf.jpg

After I moved my car and laughed in their faces "Is that the best you can come up with 'There's a bomb' you'll have to do better than that"

There genuinely was a bomb/sea mine, LOL!

Subsequently two chaps were sent down in high visibility jackets carrying a metal rod and a hammer to go check out the situation!
Ooohh and rubber gloves, can forget the rubber gloves :rasp:

Looking at the photo I would imagine he had plenty of distance to avoid harm from the explosion ;)

S0315878_zps230c5382.jpg

Group shot:

Finally we had a group shot, which again wasn't a great photo but it wasn't bad considering the lack of preparation time.

Final_zps79792243.jpg

All in all it was a very good meet, the only things I would have like to have seen/had would have been:

• Better weather
• A better camera
• And that Carl brings his own f**king car next time!

106 Rallye cams+ITBs
This is awesome, its seeing all the little dirty bits underneath things washed that really gets me hard.

looking to grab a 182 in the next few months! I was always after a racing blue one but after reading this i think it might have to be an arctic!

really nice car mate, read this start to finish, never comment on this forum but am a regular over on 106 rallye register, think this may even be my first post so congrats.

keep it up i want to see some performance mods!

RB Clio 182
Ohh bugger!!!

Sorry Tom, I think that this may have been a quick link :( my apologies

I would imagine the chap would be happy to exchange it though, it says he has a 30 day return policy :)

Its fine mate no worries :)

He contacted me back and said its fine, i have posted his back today, i just had to pay for the new one posting but thats not a bank breaker :)

Black 182
Great read mate. Took me about 2 hours to get through it lol.
first bit of decent weather here yesterday since I bought my 182.
Cleaned up alright but threads like this make me realise I need to dust off the old Meguiars collection and get to work with some proper detailing!

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182FF
This is awesome, its seeing all the little dirty bits underneath things washed that really gets me hard.

looking to grab a 182 in the next few months! I was always after a racing blue one but after reading this i think it might have to be an arctic!

really nice car mate, read this start to finish, never comment on this forum but am a regular over on 106 rallye register, think this may even be my first post so congrats.

keep it up i want to see some performance mods!

Great to know that stuff 'gets you hard' :D, havent really started on the detailing really so still a lot to come, especially within the engine bay.

Glad to hear that its had an impact on your choice, its good to hear people are enjoying the read :approve:

Regarding the 'Performance mods', I haven't been able to proceed with them due to my rep still being in the garage (nice £3k just sitting around an doing nothing).
Currently I do have plans to buy a RS192 exhaust but that is actually pending on a minumum of 10 orders on a group buy, so not much luck there either :rasp:

I'll keep you posted mate :)

RenaultSport 182FF
Its fine mate no worries :)

He contacted me back and said its fine, i have posted his back today, i just had to pay for the new one posting but thats not a bank breaker :)

Mmmm, his listing actually says it fits all clio models 1996 -2006 :S

Does this not make it his fault?

RenaultSport 182FF
So a few months back replaced the factory head unit and forgot to post about it :S

Initially I didn't really want to get rid of the stock unit as I really like the OEM look.

Annoyingly my Clio had the Cabasse head unit with the aux connection and the 6 CD Changer which didn't really help my decision as I would loose these both.
Although this was the case I really needed a AIO unit with Sat-Nav, Bluetooth preparation and iPod connectivity.

The head unit I settled for was a Parrot Asteriod, the choice came down purely down to the functionality as I don't think I have seen a single DIN unit with quite so many features, and the fact I got it half price may have had something to do with it also ;)

Keypoints:

• Bluetooth Preparation with a Dual noise cancellation Microphone
• 3x USB's, 1x iPod connectivity and Line in
• 3G Connectivity (i.e Apps)
• Bluetooth Streaming
• GPS
• Voice Recognition
• Voice to Text (TextFriendly)

The unit doesn't actually have Sat-Nav as such but there are built in are apps which use its GPS function.
Wikango HD (Speed camera detection) and Google maps are some of the apps which use GPS. Unfortunately the Google Maps app only supports next turn direction, meaning I have to press next to get the next text instruction (no voice).

The device is powered by android and is simply the mobile phone OS but slimed down.
Because of this its easy to port apps off of the android store. With me needing Sat-Nav I went about porting 'Navigon'.
I now have a fully functional Sat-Nav with turn by turn and lane guidance.

Here are some of the installation pictures (i.e. wiring the connectors through the glovebox and microphone through the headlining):

Before:
DSCF5128_zpsdae07219.jpg

During:
DSCF5640_zpscec5e1c0.jpg

DSCF5638_zps31794850.jpg

DSCF5656_zpsfa24ab0a.jpg

After:
DSCF5696_zps7cc93b39.jpg

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
Awesome mate!

This thread has been a great read.

Will hitting eBay for new LED bulbs later :)

RenaultSport 182FF
A nice clean car and nothing to do during an afternoon ..... What happens when you get your hands on a decent camera? ;)

182Edit-1_zps840df48e.jpg

182EditHotel_zps99e2dcb4.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
One word... Stunning!

Read this whole thread, what you have done is amazing. Just looks factory fresh! Keep it up, want to see plenty more :approve:

Thanks mate :)

A few bits to do on the body like the front bumper and the rear arches (as they have stone chips) and then it will be ;)

Lots to do under the hood yet so yes keep an eye out!

RB Clio 182
Those pics are great mate, i need to get a decent camera, i keep saying it but i do, my phone just doesnt show how clean my car is haha.

RenaultSport 182FF
Those pics are great mate, i need to get a decent camera, i keep saying it but i do, my phone just doesnt show how clean my car is haha.

Cheers buddy, noooo that's far enough you don't need to get a good camera ;)

I'm genuinely starting to dislike you already ;) your cars looking better than mine now :p

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182FF
It’s been a while since I last updated as it either been raining or I've been busy prepping the rep for sale, so here we go.........

Plenty of bits to come over the next few days but here is something to keep you in suspense till then.

Most of you have been asking me "When are you going to do something under that hood" well......

About a month ago I started searching for an upper and lower inlet on the forum, as you do :p

Now obviously I already had an inlet which was on the car however the condition of the surface had seen better days. I wanted to keep the original in case I ever sold the car so I was ideally looking for something relatively clean so that I could spray a light silver powder coat over to give my engine bay that 'wow factor'

I received a response with regards to my post. A chap which a few of you might of heard of..... James @Stone Automotive/JMS?
James had both the upper and lower inlet for a 182 which had been vapour blasted.

I put a cheeky offer in and asked him if he would he take £50 for them

To which I received the response: "Okay will let them go for £50, Not a penny less though as it cost me that for the vapour blast, let alone buying the inlets before hand!

I was over the moon as you could imagine and fair play to James he's absolutely brilliant getting back to you and such a nice chap. So many thanks James :eek:

S0175966_zps5fbe4e4e.jpg

These were looked at for just but a few minutes before I got it into my head that I wanted to polish them

I ordered in sandpaper and set about polishing them up as it was pretty much a case of 'how hard can it be'
As I later found out the answer from Mr.Bean on here, was very!!!!

For this part of the project the kitchen was the base of operations. It was nice and warm next to that AGA

Various grit range of sandpaper:
S0185967_zps935a5e18.jpg

During:
S0195968_zps96e76851.jpg

3 hours in and not a lot of progress shown, but a lot of pain given...... You can just about make out that the first 2 pipes going to the main box are beginning to shine.

Down the timeline this emerged. Now I can't remember how long this took but it was definitely long than 24 hours, this definitely wasn't measured in time, but pain.
Never again will I attempt this, I'll pay someone to do it :quiet:

The Finished Product:
S0316048_zpsf89ef251.jpg

S0326049_zpsf6b47f8d.jpg

S0336050_zps3deb50fc.jpg

S0346051_zpsd4e49187.jpg

Next stage fitting, comments welcome :)

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 182FF
Big update :)

So MOT time was approaching fast and realised I had left it a little late..... well to be honest I didn't realise the MOT was up in a week :p

Lots to do in so little time :eek: First up were the brakes, what a state they were!!!

Iv'e done it properly and Iv'e gone down the route of Brembo HC's and Ferodo 2500 (656)

S0016056_zps0e777deb.jpg

S0036058_zps3e64043a.jpg

The old discs:
S0056060_zpsb040501b.jpg

S0066061_zps2ae81cb0.jpg

S0136068_zpsca5ed678.jpg

S0126067_zps2a1d8949.jpg

Old pads:
S0086063_zpsa686e8ac.jpg

S0096064_zps21f9f734.jpg

S0106065_zps21f633ce.jpg

All fitted:
S0116066_zpseece6a48.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
Moving on to the Exhaust....... FINALLY!!!

The car was still on its original exhaust from factory, the previous owner who was on here actually said he had lost track on how may times it had been bodged together again :D
But in all fairness it hasn't done bad at all for 8 Years.

This is what it sounded like, the back boxes were blowing a little but gave it a good rasp for stock :)
(Apologies for the s**te video quality and lighting)

Last edited by a moderator:
  RenaultSport 182FF
Then a couple of weeks later I planned to go out and never got to where I was going because this happened :mad:

S0256080_zps48fa05ee.jpg

A Video on how awesome the sound was....

This was by no mean practical as you couldn't hear the stereo and it made your ears bleed, however people pulled over with fear, no matter what lane you were in :D

I had to make do until the weekend to get this fixed... In the meantime I decided to go and purchase some earplugs from Sainsbury's on my lunchbreak (Best purchase I have ever made)
Leaving Sainsbury's was rather interesting as there were a lot more people around and noticed it stopped people mid conversation :p

Last edited by a moderator:
  RenaultSport 182FF
MOT Time @ Renault Oxford :)

With my favourite Renault Technician: Technician Randell (Mr Bean), well at least thats what I tell him ;)

S0306089_zps6d72377a.jpg

S0556114_zpsbdf25ea1.jpg

A shiny new clamp to get me through MOT...... as mine fell off :D

S0376096_zps74704cf3.jpg

On the ramps, ready for a PASS :lolup:

S0266084_zpsae47cc22.jpg

S0276086_zps00f3db32.jpg

As I suspected it passed with flying colours :rolleyes: ... Moving on

.....and back into the workshop :p

S0296088_zps22201b19.jpg

It seemed a waste of a journey not to use the workshop while I had it. I bought a few bits which I kept quiet about :eek:

Scorpion 192 Exhaust with Decat:

S0166071_zpsb04d8bee.jpg

Rear Discs:
S0216076_zpsea87dcaa.jpg

Rear Pads:
S0206075_zps8721003f.jpg

Back to the Workshop!!

So the last couple of months have been a little rattly/tappity which would be due to my heatshield breaking away from the washers and bolts :mad:
The extent of the damage to both the heatsheild and exhaust .......

S0346093_zps4cd96cf0.jpg

S0356094_zps58e1129b.jpg

S0386097_zpsf00b7411.jpg

S0396098_zps53f3525d.jpg

S0406099_zps368b45c7.jpg

To be continued......

Shake n Bake

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 182T
Just bought the same car, same colour. Just joined the forum and looking forward to making a start at attacking it using this thread for reference, so many tiny details making such a big difference! Looking good!

RenaultSport 182FF
​Resuming where we left off......

The new rear discs fitted :
S0326091_zps72cde566.jpg

The process of fitting the RS192 begins.....

As the heat shield wasn't really salvageable a new heat shield supplied to me at the cost of £50, which is well worth the money and is a genuine 'quality' Renault part!

S0436102_zps3dca6d8b.jpg

Decided to go down the route of fitting powerflex mounts with good old cable ties:

S0416100_zpsdb947e35.jpg

30 Minutes of brute force and swearing and this is what the final product looked like,
(Didn't think 30 minutes was too bad if i'm honest, the vice defiantly made it easier and I would recommend using one if you ever go about doing this)

S0426101_zps9e83ac93.jpg

Test fitting the exhaust with my exhaust mounts :)

S0446103_zps78d2a880.jpg

S0466105_zps8ced7e90.jpg

After some twisting and turning I finally got it positioned where it looked great, I was happy enough to say 'Perfect' ........ and ripped the cardboard off :approve:

S0496108_zpsc0fad124.jpg

S0476106_zps11070a41.jpg

S0486107_zps0bdc9ba8.jpg

S0546113_zps6365d12a.jpg

More to come, but until then stay classy ClioSport community.... and thanks for stopping by..... but mainly stay classy!!