ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Process for colour coding bumpers

Rs200
use a scotchbrite with warm soapy water, rub hard all over the surface this will key it, use a filler primer ( 2pac primer ) and use a few coats allow 15 mins between coats i would use about 3 to be safe, using 500 grit paper wet flat the primer gently and this will make it silky smooth. once all flatted you can then start with light coats painting your colour, apply 2-3 coats. and finally clear coat :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Will halfords be able to give me an exact colour match?

I would go to a proper auto paint place which mixes the paint up. Halfords have differing staff...so its a risk, but a proper paint mixing place will have the relevant colour code(s) and mixing instructions and will have a colour match chart so that they should be able to work out which variant of the colour would best match yours.

Do a search on google and see who does auto paint in your area...

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
i sanded my inserts back to get rid of the bobbles before using a high build filler primer. 240 grit until they were smooth then worked my way up to 2000 to get rid of the scratches. 3 coats of primer then colour and lacquer. hope this helps.

RS197
If you complete your bumpers maybe put together a set of instructions for the guide section, could be handy for others looking to do the same job :)

Ph2 Meg 225
Yeah I will do, I've got thursday off to do my theory test so will attack it then I think. Money is so tight at the minute though so it keeps getting put back :(