ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems with fitting OMP boss and wheel..

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Right i fitted my new omp wheel and boss to my 182 car yesterday...
my car has cruise control btw and when it to putting all the wire through the boss a wire with a large black plug on the end ( believe it is the plug which controls the cruise buttons on the wheel) snapped from the wire.. whcih then allowed me to push the wires through..
the wheel is all on now but the traction control is now always off and the light is always on, on the dash :s
anyone got any ideas?
thanks

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
really? there was an arrow pointing up with the word ''TOP'' above it....

Astra Gsi + clio 182
ive just bought a clio with the traction control light always on. and an OMp steering wheel and boss fitted. i now see the problem ha

clio 172 phase 2
I read here somwer you need momo boss for cc and traction control , as the omp boss is too small to put the pkugs through ... I maybe wrong tho.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Tried turning the boss the other way around. But no luck. The IMO boss will only got on one way....

BMW E82 M Sport
Is the 'SERV' light on aswell?

Have you checked your steering wheel angle sensor is set correct?

If its out, you need to correct it and get it reset by Renault. It costs about £50 mate.

clio sport 182
I have the same problem I think it is the boss because it dose not have 2 prongs in the back u need a momo boss I am tying to mod mine so it sorts the issue out

itb182, 621bhp scoob
Just last week i fitted the same omp boss to my 182, the black plug that is the cruise buttons had to be cut off to fit through the boss, make sure you have the steering angle sensor perfectly central with the wheels forward as i had to reset mine again to get rid of the traction/service and abs light, you need to make sure the little window is yellow on the sensor v(turn the sensor left and right to see when the window goes from yellow to blue then find the dead center of the yellow) , if the sensor is slighty out it will throw up ur lights, once correctly set the ecu will self learn and turn out the lights after the next start up.