ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems starting..........

E36 328i
Hi guys

I have a 53 plate 172 cup and I have been having trouble starting from warm. It starts and runs fine but once it warms it develops a very slight missfire. If you turn it off hot and leave it for anymore than 5-10 minutes it struggles to start, turning over freely but takes a while to catch. It has had new coils, leads, plugs and I have cleaned the throttle body out. It also had a new injector on cylinder 3 recently.

Anyone experienced similar????

E36 328i
Oh and when turning ingition to on, the step before starting, there is a high piched noise coming from the throttle body motor thst doesn't stop until the car it started. Is this normal?

2007 clio dynamique
Exactly same problem as me even though mines a 1.4 , if i turn the ignition on and off again it seems to help but i have never got to the bottom of it , if you find the problem let me no mate

E36 328i
Will do pal. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking another injector may be at fault. However when the injector on #3 was pissing about it ran like dog shite and threw up engine lights. I suppose one could be on its way out??? I'm perplexed.

2007 clio dynamique
Cheers , i think most people would say its a tdc sensor fault as it sounds similar but mine was changed not long back , im now thinking a fuel pressure issue or something like that , does yours feel abit sluggish when this happens ?