ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with shocks and top mounts

17RS2'd Cup
Hiya guys,

Right... Fitted some eibachs a few weeks ago, when I took the front shocks off the whole thing just fell apart in my hands (spring and top hat). It was like the spring hadn't been secured with the top hat.
Any way I scavenged two nuts that would do the job. Problem is that now the top of the shock (the bit with the Allen key hole) only just pokes through the mount. I have seen on some pictures of other peoples car and there should be about two inces poking through.
I tightened them up as much as I could but noticed that my steering was a bit off the other day on the motorway. Not a great place to start getting paranoid that your cars f**ked!!
When I got home I noticed that one of the nuts that fastens the shock into the mount had undone itself, it was hanging on by a couple of threads. Had the shocks off again today to see if I could sort it out but I don't know what I'm looking for.
Any help on what I've done wrong or what to do to fix it would be great. Problem I'm on my iPhone and can't seem to put pics on here so if someone wants to see pics to help with diagnosing the problem I would be more than happy to txt them to you or email them.

Thanks guys