ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem-Mk 1 172 pulley broken

I own a Mk 1 172 registered in jan 2001.

It now has 44,500 miles on the clock. After one year and 20,000 miles I had the cam belt and various pulleys replaced due to the squeaking noise coming from it. My local Renault dealer were going to charge me for this work until I heard that this was a common problem and I found the tech note on another website.

In Jan 2003 the same belt started to sear away. Lucky it did not snap but when it seared it had done alot of damaged to other parts in the engine. I think they had to change the alternator and power steering pump as well. But now one of the pulleys has broken. . This is the third time in 3 years that my car is off the road with this problem from that part of the engine.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should Renault pay for some of the cost?

Please help me...

111s

Just my opinion but...

There is obviously a design problem OR the previous work they carried out is not to a suitable, reliable standard OR both. Either way its not something youve done wrong. Their sh*t design, workmanship etc, so its there problem. The car is not fit for purpose.

Failing that go down there on a busy sat afternoon and rip into the ar$eholes in front of as many customers as possible.;)

Suzuki SV1000S

You should be able to have that done under warranty mate, Must be some policy, if they fitted new ones only a year ago, they should last more than that and they know it.

Yeah sounds like a manufacturing fualt with that part or the whole of the engine. Dont accept anything other than full compensation.

-Rob

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

any repair comes with 12 months parts/labour garantee even if you payed for the repair.the tech note repair says you should change the pas pump and pulley.maybe your dealer should have done that in the first place.