ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem...Car wont start...

A few
Had this problem where my car would not start now and again but today it has got to the point where the car wont start at all.

It turns over but doesnt start. Would this be the TDC sensor? or could it be something else?

When the car is turning over a few times without starting, it should gas up the engine but I cant smell any fuel and have been told that the fuel pump could be the problem...Not sure if this is true :S.

Used a code reader the other day when the car was starting and it showed a code which was "fuel volume regulator control circuit open", which suggests to me that it could be the fuel pump.

Help and advice much appreciated.

A few
Cheers mate. Just read your thread. How can you tell whether its priming or not? is there any other ways to find whether its the fuel pump or not?

A few
Can usually hear it when you turn the key.

Will test this tomorro, Cheers. Also, the car shakes and vibrates when turning over too. Not sure whether its normal for it to sahke like it is but just thought I should add it to the thread. May help.

Golf GT TDI
no didnt use a code reader

if you lift up the rear seat behind the driver turn the ignition on 2 clicks of the key

you should hear the pump buzz

if you dont hear it the first time try it a few more times, it should buzz after a few times to get the pressure up.

mine was fine then one day just wouldnt fire. managed to get a second hand pump off here for £25

A few
Just checked and it does make a noise so im guessing that rules the fuel pump out then.

Going to get a new TDC sensor to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers for the help mate.

Honda & VW
Sounds just like what mines doing at the moment although having said that it's been fine for the last 6 days.

A few
The car has been checked by a local garage and they have reported back to me that the car has "no spark", they have also tryed changing the coilpack but still "no spark" and also changed the "TDC Sensor" but still no spark.

Anyone got any ideas?