ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Printer sharing issues...

Da

Less
I have tried and tried, but really not getting anywhere so need some CS advice! ;)

I'm on my laptop presently and I have a PC downstairs that has a printer connected directly to it. Now I have printer sharing turned on in the Network settings and when I search for the printer on my laptop I can find it, BUT...
It will not let me go any further, I get an error message saying something along the lines of;

Printer said:
Unable to print document, local printer spooler is not on, please restart the spooler or restart the machine.

What is that all about?? Where is said 'spooler' and how do I activate it?

PC is on Vista and laptop is on Win7 if that's of any assistance.

:)

Clio 182
The spooler is the service that allows printing via print q's.

Check it is running by clicking start, run, services.msc and then look for print spooler.

I had a problem recently when the machine hosting the printer was running 32bit OS and the other was 64bit and the drivers were not installed for 64bit.

Da

Less
The spooler is the service that allows printing via print q's.

Check it is running by clicking start, run, services.msc and then look for print spooler.

I had a problem recently when the machine hosting the printer was running 32bit OS and the other was 64bit and the drivers were not installed for 64bit.

Thankyou, I think that has solved my issues - will just check now.