ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price for new Ecu anyone?

Just got a phone call of the garage man as my car has been taken in for misfire problems, initial thort was sparks and coil packs, didnt have time to change myself due to work but the phone call said that ECU has a slight problem. the car is a 1.2 16v 2002. any ideas on price for new ECU/fix price? Cheers. Tom x

Clown Car
Did the garage check the wiring to the ecu?, i seem to remember if the harness to the ecu rubs through on the ecu bracket it can cause rough running/misfires.

Volvo S60 T5
Try an injector test before condeming ecu, also if it has the rubberised loom change that for the later type one, check coil/plugs and leads.
Only ever changed 2 ecu's on the 1.2 16v, normaly they fail totally.

Golf GTD Mk7
have you had it on proper diagnostic gear? ECU will be fine. They very rarely brake tbh. I'll stick it on my clip for you if you want Tom?

all sorted thanks guys! cost 182 pounds. think the garage charged that amount to rub in the fact my car is only a replica!! and not a 182. coil packs, spark plugs and some technical thing that mark5290 mentioned.