ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Preperation for supercharger

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
Being the organised person that i am, im trying to draw up a list of modifications to do to my phase 1 172 before going for a supercharger conversion late next year.

My car currently has:
Brembo high carbon brake discs on the front
Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front
drilled rear discs and k-tec "ultimax" rear pads
K-tec uprated upper engine and gearbox mounts
Custom chrome cat back exhaust with a mid silencer and quite a large back box
Goodyear eagle f1 tyres all round

Other than this everything else is standard.

Question is what else do i need to look at sorting or uprating to compliment a supercharger conversion, the plan is eventualy to strip out the interior and have it as a weekend/track day toy. Before anyone goes off on one about learning to drive 1st or buy a faster car, im not interested in that for what the phase 1's go for now its not worth selling and id like to keep the car being as it is sunflower yellow.

Suspension: I would like Bilstein B14 coilovers, is there a better kit for the same sort of money?

Exhaust manifold: Is it worth changing to a 182 manifold or is the difference going to be negligable once a supercharger is on?

Inlets: Is it worth getting these matched or again is the difference going to be negligable once a supercharger is on?

Exhaust: Is it worth changing for a yozza or the like or again is the difference going to be negligable once a supercharger is on?

Sorry for all the questions just want to get a clear direction to go in before starting the project.

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
Have had a good read of your project thread and like the direction you have gone in, nice to see the changes that the coilovers made for you, have you had any experiance of bilstein coilovers or do you just rate the FK's enough that it wouldnt be worth the extra £200 odd for bilstein? have you got any plans to uprate the clutch once you have the supercharger fitted?

SQ5
Yea the FK's are good enough for what I need, and do the job well! Not tried the bilsteins, but haven't thought about needing too!

Clutch will stay standard for now, its only been in a year anyway and done less than 6k :) as has the gearbox

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
also does anyone know what effect cams would have in conjunction with a supercharger, is it like turbo cams where you would need a different profile or would N/A cams work well?

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
if you charge it there's little point spending all that money on cams as well, the charger will provide more than enough power.

The rest of the mods you have seem absolutely fine as well, coilovers might not even be necessary, but will give added piece of mind and will certainly help putting the power down I'd think.