ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre Service Inspection - OTT?

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Taking my 197 in for its 12k service tomorrow at an official dealer and am a bit para at getting it back damaged (you hear so many horror stories these days). What I'm wondering is, is it over the top to request that someone inspects my car with me to confirm it has no scratches/dents etc before they give me a lift home? Part of me thinks it's a good idea and the other part thinks I'm over reacting and that there's no need.

What do we think?

Martin

Mondeo TDCI 130
They should do that anyway! if they dont offer, ask them!! it shouldnt be a problem, they SHOULD have a little pad with a car pic on to mark bits of damage on!

Glacier White 197 Cup
not ott in any way shape or form. Your going to be paying top wack labour charges. they should lick your shoes if they need cleaning!!!!!!

Taking my 197 in for its 12k service tomorrow at an official dealer and am a bit para at getting it back damaged (you hear so many horror stories these days). What I'm wondering is, is it over the top to request that someone inspects my car with me to confirm it has no scratches/dents etc before they give me a lift home? Part of me thinks it's a good idea and the other part thinks I'm over reacting and that there's no need.

What do we think?
Its a good plan and if your cars in mint condition then yep I'd definatly do it. But the horror stories you hear arn't that often as its made out.
not ott in any way shape or form. Your going to be paying top wack labour charges. they should lick your shoes if they need cleaning!!!!!!
Ever seen how much a garage costs to run? They charge a lot as they cost a load to run they shoulnd't bow down to you yor not paying anyhting realy at all anyway.

Maz

LY 200
As has been said they are meant to do it but not all do, tell them you want it done in your presence.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Do it, Ive had two dealers damage my megane fortunately on the second occasion I had learmt my lesson! The second result in the car having to have the rear wing re skined!!

Clio Campus 2007!
LOL i work in a nissan garage and we had an unregistered note on the ramps nd the fucker fell off lol fell 2 ft onto an apprenctice bt it was only his leg that got caught, all his toes had 2 b wired back in and he probs wont b able 2 walk properly again. tbh all garages SHOULD fill in an inspection form when your present 2 mark any damages and you then sign it and take the copy.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
No, it's not OTT - I always tell them not to wash it as well.

Dan

3 MPS
u dont get them to wash it,

my dad was in picking his brand new civic up and he happened to see a washer guy throwing the sponge to the bucket but missed , he then just picked it up put it in the bucket and continued washing the car,

this was brand new hondas , my dad told the salesman who went thru the guy, im fussy that way only me washes my car

3 MPS
where are u going for a service martin? i got mine at renault in pollockshaws rd glasgow about 18 quid cheaper than parks in ek ,

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Thanks for the replies guys. I wouldn't touch Arnold Clark Pollokshaws road with a barge pole (or any Arnold Clark dealer come to think of it). You've obviously got on OK there Paul but I've had and heard of people who've had too many negative experiences with that dealer and others, to use them again. Cheers for mentioning it though.

My service cost £145 in total and when I collect the car tonight I'll put a full report up of my experiences with the dealer concerned. Stay tuned lol

Martin