ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex bushes fitted correctly??

clio sport 172 (2003
Evening,

Tonight I have fitted the powerflex bushes to my dogbone engine mount.

I looked at the guide on here by Dave who says that the thick part which locates onto the gearbox end should be facing up.

On my OEM mount the thick part was at the bottom when I came to remove it.

When it came to putting it back with the new bushes I tried Daves way with no joy (it looked out of position like this) so I have put the thick part at the bottom.

I have taken it for a quick drive and there is vibration on hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd. Is this normal when freshly fitted or do I need to try and find a way to fit it as Dave says?

Who else has experienced this vibration.

Thanks

James.

clio sport 172 (2003
Cheers Fred need to change this mount around then pronto!

Sounds like the OEM mount was in the wrong position then.

Clio 182
I put it 2 days ago-with the tall part up and the short part down.

No extra vibrations when running-at ilde speed the steering wheel vibrtaes-but i thin it's normal.

Clio 182
I put it 2 days ago-with the tall part up and the short part down.

No extra vibrations when running-at idle speed the steering wheel vibrates-but i think it's normal.​

Monaco Clio 172
i read another thead on here after fitting mine with thick part up and it said to swap it over th thick part down

RS RIP
^^ think about this guys; it makes sense when you think about where all the torque/force is pulling on the one bolt; would you want it pulling further down on the bolt, or near the mounting/box where it is strongest?

so yeah, thin part against the box (up?) so stress on the bolt is the least was my guess. Mine is on mounted this way and all is good.

ITB'd MK1
^^ think about this guys; it makes sense when you think about where all the torque/force is pulling on the one bolt; would you want it pulling further down on the bolt, or near the mounting/box where it is strongest?

so yeah, thin part against the box (up?) so stress on the bolt is the least was my guess. Mine is on mounted this way and all is good.

incorrect, and also incorrect that all the force is through 1 bolt. There's a bracket that goes forward of the dogbone that spreads the load very evenly. large part up, no arguement

RS RIP
hm..
stress on bolt is still the same though , no matter where the bolt spreads its force to. (only speaking about the bolt, there has been a case of this being ripped out!) But i'm a self taught man so ... still think about it; elementary it is

RS RIP
haha i might be turning mine around with all the opinions on here ! ..Ah well, the strenght of a group saying something ;)

Monaco Clio 172
i swapped it over and now feels like a lot of engine movement when changing gear. theres also a knock which i think its the subframe, correct me if im wrong

Monaco Clio 172
when getting the bite in gear there is only very slight movement in the mounts which i thought was normal

Monaco Clio 172
Now ive took the dogbone out and can see that on the small end the bolt that goes thru into the gearbox is smaller than the cylinder thats pushed into the bush. You can wiggle the bolt in the bush.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Fitting my bushes tomorrow - can someone confirm where on the mount the 2 washers go, which end/side?

Cheers :)