ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering Weird

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Right ive been having the loud noises coming from my power steering for months in my valver and it has been sort of fight back when i turn the wheel it juders. Went out in the car last night and reversed on to the main road and when i turned the wheel back the steering seemed really light. Drove down the road a little and though much have a flat or something. got out and looked. Everything was fine. When i parked up the power steering was so much better only making the noise when completely on full lock. Like its kind of fixed it self!!! But it has been like this for ages! Not sure if the system has bleed the air or something!

Should i be worried or can it fix its self like this???

mine was always making funny noises etc, never bothered with it, but recently had engine out and upon install with a new aux belt and new fluid it hasnt made a peep since. I reckin new fluid and a belt will silence for a while valver PS gremlins, worth a try

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

yer spend ages turning the wheel left to right lock to lock but nothing.

Went out for lunch and its still bad not ad bad but the steering is a lot lighter and i have noticed a bit lump of black greece on my door. Could that mean something bad????