ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power flex dogbone

182 ff
just had one fitted, come back from a drive out.
I feel like my heads been in a washing machine.

is the noise normal when you have these fitted? or do you have to wear ear plugs?

the dash is making a slight noise even at speed.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I noticed no change in my car apart from the horrible gearbox clunk was gone,
if you've got standard engine mounts the any extra vibration will have been transferred to them.

Increased vibration is normally associated with both uprated engine and gearbox mounts together,
although my car doesn't really vibrate that much tbh.

182 ff
I have standard mounts,the car feels a lot better, it may settle down.
just me ears are still ringing.
looked at the engine on tick over its not moving a lot,add say its moving less.
the new ad 08 tyres are great ,seem abit hard, maybe cause the pumped to 32psi.
it flys round roundabouts,feels so planted now (had new damper/sportlines/mounts fitted)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly can't see how a polybushed dogbone would make the car louder.

What's actually louder, engine or exhaust noise?

182 ff
its a vibrations noise ,maybe my ears are knacked .
the steering wheel shakes at idle, mirror don't move.
hope the car don't shake its self to bits:race:
i put extra insolation in the boot ages ago,the exhaust is not that loud.
guess it has to settle down.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Steering wheel vibration does increase slightly with uprated mounts,
sound like your engine mounts are in good condition if it's transferred vibration to the wheel.

I've got uprated everything so it all rattles at idle,
but i'm moving more than i'm idling so I don't really notice it.

At the end of the day it's a French tin bucket not a German cruiser, you'll get used to it. ;)

182 ff
Renault did it,i told them the big part of the bush goes at the top.
ill look under the car after.if your looking from Australia i guess it is upside down.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to ask if it was fitted properly and mention that the big bit goes at the top,
but I assumed you'd fitted it yourself and didn't want to insult you. lol

182 ff
yes the mounts were checked and aligned. I checked the one under the battery ,didn't have excess play and looked newish.
i did have a bmw z4 and it did creak a lot, probably cause it didn't have a roof, was less stiff.

182 ff
i only no which way it went cause i looked at pictures on here.i have no ramps or jacks(just a tiny one)
i have had loads of work done there, all work is guaranteed for a year,and the manager is a clio 182 fan, owned a few of them.
if it don't settle ill let him take the car out,see what he thinks.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It's a difficult thing to discuss without driving your car, one man's vibration is another man's normality,
​you'd probably think my car's rattling itself to death if you went out in it. lol

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Swr fitted one I bought months back, caused vibrations at idle so they took it back off and vibrations went. Although they fitted one to my old ph1 and it was fine.

182 ff
I looked today and its upside down,i took it back in Renault,they have turned it round.
the rear window/parcel shelf is vibrating now it didn't when it was upside down.
think am going crackers, the temp gauge has always been dead centre,
when drivin it home(and about) it went to 1 before centre, then to centre /then a tiny bit below 1.

just started engine now let it run for 10 mins it stayed on centre /the fan kicked in for a min,
then I saw the coolent fluid start to boil.(is that normal?)

I no the gauge should be dead centre all the time.
wondering if they have pulled an earth wire ,near were they was messing with the dog bone.
I was going to ask if it was fitted properly and mention that the big bit goes at the top,
but I assumed you'd fitted it yourself and didn't want to insult you. lol