ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powdercoating?

Track 172 & Golf R32
Hai,

Basically just picked up some OZ F1's tonight which i will be getting chemical stripped, shot blasted and powdercoated.

However i was just wondering what prep if any can i do before i take them up to the place in order to get the best finish?

- Theres some curb marks that can be sanded down are they worth being sanded down as i know the powdercoat will level them out a tad?

- The deeper kerb marks i want to fill with unibond metal filler and sand down level, can i do this or will the shot blast, blast it out?

- Any thing else worth doing?

Havent got a clue about powdercoating tbh and i hate coming across a complete div lol enlighten me :)

Cheers

A proper powdercoating place should remove all the damage for you before powdercoating them. Unless they're absolutely fooked with corrosion they should be able to sort it out by themselves.

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Your best off sanding them down and filling in the marks dude as the powder wont cover them completely. Sand down - Filler and the sand down filler then they should be good to go

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
A proper powdercoating place should remove all the damage for you before powdercoating them. Unless they're absolutely fooked with corrosion they should be able to sort it out by themselves.

+1 but that is if they are doing a refurb not just powdercoating them for you

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like JCC says . Any decent powder coater will sort out any damage . Ring the powder coaters and ask them if they require any sort of prep work , which i doubt very much .

Don't bother filling , sanding .... yourself , let the experts do their job .You might actually end up causing them more work than necessary .

Track 172 & Golf R32

Oh right il call him this afternoon, would save me a lot of hassle tbh also going to try haggle him down to 40 a wheel from 50 lol every little helps considering the wheels were 100 quid with good tyres that are being replaced with parada's anyway..