ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible problem

clio sport 182
hi guys, ive just been buying a 182 and think its awesome, how ever going round bends at speed the car feels like its bobbing some times and makes it feel out of control, has any one else experienced this or is it just normal, im coming from a st200 mondeo saloon so dont know if this is just how a hatch back drives, also, the front wheels seem to wander as it goes over lines and bumps, is this a tyre selection issue, any help is welcomed and ill probably be posting more threads as i get used to the car cheers:S

They can feel a little unstable when you really do push them through corners and when the road gets abit rough it can become abit unnerving. You do get use to it though. If it's really bad though, check the rear shocks because they have a tendency drop their oil.

Presume your tyres are 205/45/16s? You do get tramlining with that tyre size and the car does wonder about abit. I had 215/40/16 on mine for a short while, now that got scary at times, when it was a rough road and wet conditions my car would tramline that bad it'd put me on to the wrong side of the road.

500 Twinair
As said, check the tyres and pressure, standard tyres were michelin exalto in 205/45/16, which are very good tyres, people also run 195/45/16, suposed to be a litttle bit cheaper. Also get a garage to check the balancing, tracking and wheel alignment.
After that check the shocks if still playing up, depends on the milage of the car.