ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible or jibberish?

You know when your standing down a carpark with your freinds, and someone new pulls up and starts chatting away.

Here is how yesterdays went, so this guy pulls up in his fiesta and starts generall chatting when he said this,,,
"what you got there?" pointing at my car
"1.4 mate" i said
"you do know you can put the 1.5DCI Gearbox on those and it makes them rapid?!".

is this guy talking ANY sense or is he just one of those "i know everything" showoff? made me laugh.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
pmsl. i dont think it would at any stage be "rapid" with a dci gearbox on it. i presume the dci box has shorter ratios

Listerine & Poledo
Most ridiculous thing I've heard today.

DCi box will have longer ratios, the 1.4 will probaby struggle to pull 4th

You know when your standing down a carpark with your friends...

No.

Could be wrong here but... I thought I remembered reading of folk putting a DCI box in when they're running a turbo'd/supercharged engine? Dunno if that's cos of the ratios or because they're stronger though. Can't see it helping a 1.4 much though!