ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible engine mount issue?

Clio 172
Hi guys, i was possibly driving a bit enthusiastically from 1st up through 3rd to show a mate what a 172 was like as he is after one when i noticed something wasn't quite right.
There is now a nocking sound every time i touch the accelerator and there is a lot more vibration when pulling off, we popped the bonnet and it seems like there is too much movement on the engine, mainly from the gearbox side of things.
Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and what they would reccomend?
Cheers!

alien green rs133
might might might of snapped gearbox mount, cant diognose reliabally with out seeing car obviously

Clio 172
Thanks for the reply,
Iv just had a good look around, the dog bone mount and what i think is the lower gearbox mount look in one peace but when i rock the engine theres a nocking from under the battery as if there are lose bolts, im presuming theres another mount under there somewhere that could be the broken one?
Cheers!

alien green rs133
yeah the mount onto the top of the gearbox fastens on with 3 bolts iirc.

hang on ill find a picture.

Clio 172
Thanks Hutchie,
I will have the battery out asap and let u know how i get on, any mounts you would recomend to replace the old one with and would it be worth replacing any of the others?
thanks again.

Clio 182
Theres an uprated gearbox mount on the bay, just spied it earlier, ill see if i can find it

Clio 172
just whipped the battey and the gearbox mount out, the main bolt going through the mount is completely sheered! The rest of the bolt is still in the hole loose but i can't get the bugger out! it wont come up through the hole cause theres a nut on the end and it won't go down cause something else is in the way! AAARRGH! I will have a better look later but any suggestions are welcome.
Cheers.

Clio 1.4 16v
i have that problem on my 1.4 there is a stablizer mount at the bottom of the engine which can cause some movement