ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Crankshaft sensor fault

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Broke down on the M4 yesturday, the coil light on the dashboard came up and restricted me to 5mph, resetted the computer and managed to get the car going again and got home, its done it 2 times after I got home.

Took it to me brother who is a mechanic, he hooked up his diag machine and it was giving error codes most saying bad earth on the throttle sensors (Somewhere along them lines).

He suspects its the crankshaft sensor, and after googling around it seems like my problem.

Service was done few months ago so sparks and coil pack was changed.

My car which is a 2002/52 1.2 16v extreme, i'm assuming I would still have the black plug instead of the blue one renault supplies.

Would renault still be supplying the black plug sensor or is it just the blue, and is it worth getting an aftermarket sensor such as:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...530d2af2e409e03963ce59c34118c37f380510&000440

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005I4XTPQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I'm after the black plug due to it being the cheapest option and i'm a bit stuck for money, So i've got no choice but to go for the cheapest option.

Thanks in advance.

clio 172 phs 1
If it was a TDC sensor fault it wouldn't show TB earth fault....TDC sensors tend to raise starting issues,not running problems mate.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Bit of a bump, got this fixed few days after this thread., The problem was due to the metal box that houses around the ECU (If i'm correct) and basically its chewed some wires and shorting it, causing the fault, taken it out and i've had no trouble since, hopefully stay working.

Apparantly i've just avoided killing the ECU and the car basically, not worth the money spending on a new ECU.