ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible cheaper inner track rod?

"Navy" N17 TWO
What about track rod ends, any signifigant differences in aftermarket ones?

I have noticed slightly different shapes in them when I got them done a long time ago

I've ended up ordering the QH ones from that site, £51 delivered for inner rods and rod ends both sides. I will measure up and take photos when they arive, hopefully before the weekend.

I know it says for the Kangoo 4x4 but the Renault part number cross reference is correct, most other Aftremarket listed for mk2 clio 2.0 16v give the incorrect part number in the cross reference and I have a hunch that this is causing the problem with people getting rods too short. I have not heard of any problems with track rod ends though. Have no idea what quality QH are like!!! we will see...

Parts finally came today (my choice for free delivery was the reason for slow service)

The inner rods are exactly the same length as mine on the car, I peeled back the gaitor and they appear same dimensions. The part that came was 335mm from end of thread to end of thread (that's the total length of the part, not what is often listed on parts websites which is the length from the rack mounting face to end of the outer thread ~ 318mm).

I've not got pics yet as I only replaced the one obviously fubared track rod end this evenning as that was all I had time to do before my wife needed the car, have a busy weekend so might not get chance to do the complete job in the next few days but will post pics up when I do.

For those interested in not buying genuine items, I recommend that it's the renault part number you need to cross reference to make sure you get the right rod, not simply a reg number. Most parts places it seems will list it as a kangoo 4*4 part. That's what I ordered and its fine (as far as a side-by-side comparison can show!)

So what was the QH part number you had mate? Or what was the Renault number you gave micks garage?

The renault part number in my first post was for the 182 cup. I assume the 172 cup is the same but cannot be 100% sure. The QH part number I bought is QR3729S and this is the same length as the part fitted my 182 with cup chasssis. I'm not a forum member so can't post the pics but the part looks and measures the same.

My aim was to show that aftermarket can supply the right part for our clios, when people get ones too short it's because the motorfactors' listings are wrong - you need to cross reference the renault part number, not trust the car reg number. But if in doubt, speak to renault.

Cup In bits
No worries I'll take a note. Im pretty sure there the same. I'll measure upmsometime. I was under no impression that they could be bought from patent part/motor factors as 90% of the time all the manufacturers rely on these company's to make parts and then stick there badge on. It's just trying to find the right one first.

so you got 2 quintn hazel(sp) inner tie rods and 2 QH track rod ends for £51 delivered?

2003 Clio 172
So, just to clarify....these tie rods are about 330mm?

Surely that is right for my ph2 172 NON cup too then?

J

So to confirm, FIA part# SS6263 should be fine for my 172 cup?

I plumped for the even cheaper QH ones, not FAI, so don't have any way of knowing for sure about those. The pic of it on parts databases looks like it is long enough to me though.

So, just to clarify....these tie rods are about 330mm?

Surely that is right for my ph2 172 NON cup too then?

J

The part I got was 335mm total length - from end of inner thread to end of outer thread. Measured from inner mating surface to end of outer thread is 318mm.

Cup In bits
The part I got was 335mm total length - from end of inner thread to end of outer thread. Measured from inner mating surface to end of outer thread is 318mm.

+1

I just received firstline inners with QH TRE's from Micks Garage for £51 posted.

All these part no's should work from various different manufacturers just quote the Renault number 7701472734 and they will cross reference, I'm sure they are listed as Kangoo van at most places.

QR333985

FAI556263

FTR5277

ABS240356

TRW JAR938

Febi 22763

^ I think those parts you list above are all 20mm too short. The renault part number is not what I used either so I'm a little confused. Where did you get the renault part number Sweed? I was told it's 7701473656 for a 182 cup and that's what worked for me. Have you measured the length of the one you bought?

Cup In bits
Yeah the ones I received are fine at 335mm.

Micks Garage gave me all those numbers when I asked what other options there was so I know for future. All I know is I'm happy with what I got for £51, I was nearly £200 for the same on my racecar. I would try and get TRW or Meyle or similar next time, first line isn't the best but at that price there a serviceable item.

Cool. I'd just be very wary of ever using those other manufacturer numbers they gave you, I've googled them up and most are the 296mm ones, not the 318mm's ones.

What was your firstline part number again?

Cup In bits
FTR5277 and there fine, I have compared them against genuine Renault parts, they are around 5mm longer from one end to the other which will make little to no difference.

Cup In bits
Yeah mate they are first line, you could probably find better tbh.

Store man at your local parts place should be able to cross reference 7701473656 Renault no. to different manufacturers. Micks Garage is cheap though.

key thing is there around 331mm end to end.

Cup In bits
I can't confirm for sure but 'SHOULD' be alright. Tbh tie rods for ful fat cars can be had easily and pretty cheap anyway, it was Cup's people were struggling with.

clio sport 182
ahh sound.i thought the different lengths were between dealer parts and motorfactor parts and thats why you had to go to the dealer only.good to know

Cup In bits
Yeah that was the case, many said dealer only but it's now been proven you can get them and that was only for the Cup's for ref.

I'm not sure who makes Renault steering parts but typically they will use better manufacturers like TRW or Meyle, that's 2 pretty good oem genuine parts makers. You will get good life out of Renault parts but the same can't be said for the likes of Firstline etc. I don't mind getting as shorter service life as I wil be bending loads of them when I go racing.

clio sport 182
don't go racing anyway mate, prefer the twisty backroads more.don't mind spending £14 once in a while.

172 Cup
Tried to order the cheaper ones but the site in the OP is noe sold out. Ordered the more expensive ones instead from the same site.

FYI they've now added a ruler under the arms on the website so that you can see the length!

Cup In bits
Tried to order the cheaper ones but the site in the OP is noe sold out. Ordered the more expensive ones instead from the same site.

FYI they've now added a ruler under the arms on the website so that you can see the length!

Did you buy the FAI ones @ €27.78 mate?

Ph2 Flamer
7701473656 is the part number Wests list on here for the inner tie/track rod for 172/182 cup and non cup.
Perhaps the short versions that were being sold were due to a mix up with part numbers somewhere?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-FOR-FREQUENTLY-ASKED-PRICES-UPDATED-FOR-2013
STEERING
172/182 CUP & NON CUP

n/s bottom arm - R82 00 257 956 - £68.98 SMI RACK
o/s bottom arm - R82 00 257 957 - £68.98 SMI RACK
n/s track rod end - 7701474494 - £44.35 SMI RACK
o/s track rod end - 7701474493 - £44.35 SMI RACK
inner track rod - 7701473656 - £47.76 same both sides comes with gaters

Cup In bits
You can't trust Renaults system/parts men tbh, there wasn't such a thing as Cup increased caster wishbones until recently, go figure.

172 Cup
Hi, I know this thread died a while a go but I've finally got round to fitting the parts I bought for my 172 Cup Clio.

I bought 2 x SS6263 inner track rods from EuroCarParts
IMG_20130418_200152.jpg

and as the attached image shows, the rods are EXACTLY (to the mm) the same length as the original cup ones

IMG_20130418_190236.jpg

I also fitted some new track rod ends as well. I cannot explain how much tighter the car feels - massive massive improvement on the old arms.

So there you go, no need to buy inner track rods from Renault anymore :)

182 FF, A6 Avant
Wish I'd seen this the other week! I bought Renault parts (7701473656) for £40 a side as I was told no others were wide enough for cup pack or cup cars.