ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche twists on a mk2?

Hi all, was thinking what wheels to go for on my 1.2 and really like Porsche twists, only thing is I've never seen it before apart from on a mk3, just wondering if it would actually be possible?
I know obviously I'd need the 4x100 to 5x130 adaptors but as I said I've never seen it done before, is there something else preventing it from being done?
And if anybody is feeling amazing could they possibly do a quick photoshop for me, don't care about colours just want a general idea of how it would look.

Thanks in advance for any help/ advice :)

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Not so good with photoshop but I can tell you adapters will be a massive pain in your as. You can try performancealloys.com for good quality adapters. But 4x100-5x130 adapters will be expensive. Probably £140-150 per pair. Don't be tempted by the cheap non alloys on eBay. Buy cheap, but twice. But I like the idea of twists on a mk2

Yeaah I wasn't expecting it to be cheap which kinda sucks but if it looks good then I wouldn't mind paying a fair bit tbh, I've always had a soft spot for twists

Naaa I'll just put Porsche badges on the front and back and see how many dullards believe it, while looking a bit of a tit at the same time of course ;)

Listerine & Poledo
So long as OP understands that Porsche performance isn't generated by the wheels themselves, why not.
At least it's not another 1.172 running turinis and a jock-strap

2003 Clio 172
They did look good. Except for having Porsche centre caps, which would need to go.

Not trying to start a debate here but I've never understood what's wrong with the OEM caps in this case, Porsche wheels as Skoda ones. No one runs wheels from another manufacturer in hope of fooling anyone that your Clio 1.2 is something it isn't and since the caps are stock, I can't see why they'd have to go?

Trying to answer OP's question; I can't see why not!
All modern Porsche wheels are slightly higher offset than most OE wheels and should therefor fit nicely even with a set of adapters.
I'd say check Wheel Sanctuary or Edition 38 as I could imagine most are selling theirs with 4x100>5x130 adapters included.

Listerine & Poledo
Not trying to start a debate here but I've never understood what's wrong with the OEM caps in this case, Porsche wheels as Skoda ones. No one runs wheels from another manufacturer in hope of fooling anyone that your Clio 1.2 is something it isn't and since the caps are stock, I can't see why they'd have to go?

Because it looks pikier than greasy red hair and a lumberjack shirt. What does it say other than "I got Porsche wheels".... Ok, well done, where's the rest of the car?

Maybe VAG lot have a semblance of a case to do it because they're all made of the same parts bin from A1s to 911s. But last time I checked, the Germans weren't flocking to Renault for tips on building cars.