ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 918 Spyder

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Picked up in Stuggart followed by a 2,500 mile European tour, Monaco etc.

I was lucky enough to have a passenger ride and I came out it speechless. The electric motor is hilarious. Shocked at how comfortable and sorta quiet it is at low speeds with petrol engaged. The biggest thing though, power delivery, I haven't been in a car like that before, so effortless and smooth and constant. I imagine a P1 feels even more impressive but it did feel futuristic even though it's a V8.

325 rear tyres made me lol.

Apologies about the s**t pics, can't wait to change this phone!

15225696467_dd48d6856e_z.jpg
photo 1 by gally.., on Flickr

15225550620_16289b4e8a_z.jpg
photo 1-1 by gally.., on Flickr

15225549460_7234fec6f4_z.jpg
photo 2 by gally.., on Flickr

15225693427_dc0d52ef82_z.jpg
photo 2-1 by gally.., on Flickr

15411895082_15194178ec_z.jpg
photo 3-1 by gally.., on Flickr

15225546960_84f36a2c3f_z.jpg
photo 3 by gally.., on Flickr

15409047011_fe82de9e03_z.jpg
photo 5 by gally.., on Flickr

I'm hoping to get a chance to detail it. It was mentioned in the passing. Fingers crossed!

330i. E30 Touring.
Amazing car.

Wheel style ruins the exterior for me though. Might be my dirty/homo mind, but all I see is a load of c***s pointed into the centre cap. Lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Epic cars. P1 etc seem quicker on paper, but hasn't the 918 set faster lap times in a few tests?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I believe he almost went for White with Martini livery and changed to Yellow late in the build.

Oh and his daily is a new 991 Turbo S. Million pounds on 2 cars in the space of 12 months. Shockerooni!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
4WD sets lap times.

RWD gives you the fun factor. ;)
I don't believe there's a single person on Cs capable of handling that much power, electronics off, going to the rear. And given the limits of p1/laf/918 driven wheels will make bugger all difference to fun/feel Imo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's rather close to be fair and the owner commented on how easily it is to get hot and shooting flames.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I believe he almost went for White with Martini livery and changed to Yellow late in the build.

Oh and his daily is a new 991 Turbo S. Million pounds on 2 cars in the space of 12 months. Shockerooni!

That would have looked amazing!

Really not keen on the colour or the wheels, but I doubt i'd let that get in way of me having a go in it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
You are one lucky guy!

Are the front callipers luminous yellow? So garish and un-Porsche-like imo, but everything else screams epic.

I agree with Dave, Martini livery would have been incredible. If only.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
It was purportedly the washing off from the bodywork of spilled fuel that caused it to go onto the still hot exhaust, and then, whoosh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not the boss' sadly, i'd have been driving if that was the case.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Those pictures make it look pretty crap tbh, not a fan in the yellow either.

Epic cars though, would love to have a ride in one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No but funny you should say that. I do know a very rich man that wears overalls and jeans with a fleece 99% of the time. I posted pics of his Evo rally car a while back.

Not a care in the world.

330i. E30 Touring.
You are one lucky guy!

Are the front callipers luminous yellow? So garish and un-Porsche-like imo, but everything else screams epic.

I agree with Dave, Martini livery would have been incredible. If only.

Nope. Green calipers on all of them iirc.

All Porsche hybrids have green calipers as standard...

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
We have a guy with the 4 door porsche, that has bright green calipers.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Do they have LED headlights?

As there aren't any washers?