ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Popcorn hour

172 Cup
Just bought myself one of these gismo's....Must say im impressed?

anyone else got one what what do you think of it

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
so you hook it up over ethernet and stream movies to it? any codec and it'll work?

172 Cup
yeap....i want to stream wireless tho. Dont think that function has been incorporated into the software yet. Waiting for the next firmware release

I can also download from the device which i just found out this morning.. Stored all my 700+ movies on that device as well. Good bit of techy

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
surely you can plug in your wireless router via the ethernet plug? or plug a bridge into it or something?

how much? where'd you get it from matE? how big is the hdd etc? you done and hdd content yet?

sounds pretty sweet

172 Cup
yea i currently have it connected via ethernet, but want to swap as i hate wires and when you have a 8month baby that keeps touching and pulling everything in sight it makes sense.

I have a 1TB HD and a 500GB external which is connected to the popcorn (USB) extra storage.

Ordered it from the state just under 300 including import tax. Im sure you can get it cheaper if you look but i was just impaitent.

I downloaded some HD films looks quality plays smooth sound is superb, also downloaded nornal DVD ripped films and upscaled it to 1080i (looks ok) but you can tell the image is being stretched....Hoever still looks good.

theres so many good functions and things to play with....Internet channels, CBNC news if you dont have sky etc

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1118284/popcorn_hour_a100_review_179/

just to add i have the A-110 newer model to the version showed in this clip.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hmm thats a lot of money for something that does the same as a PS3 though?

i'll read more up on it i think.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They can be bought for £200 in the UK but there is usually a short waiting list. Most people I know who have ordered one from America have paid no more than £160 delivered and then another £30 or less import tax for the version minus a hdd. The A110 is the latest model.

In stock here with 500gb hdd for £250

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk....3519.html?amp3sid=2bb0v30cavbi515m8hn975fhq1

or £199 without a hdd supplied

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk..._Hour_A-110_HD_Networked_Media_Tank.3510.html

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
it's a good device if you don't have a ps3 or 360 you use for streaming, mmuch more comprehensive codec wise.

I wonder, do you guys know if it has WMVHD native formate support including WMV-Pro Audio Codec use?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I never got around to buying one so not sure if it can support anything other than what is listed. They claim it can be updated for new codec support easily enough though so it may be added eventually.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeh sound slike the video codec is ok, the main problem is with the audio wmv pro that some people encode the movies with, same issue with the ps3, you end up with video but no audio. Either way, good bit of kit seems to do pretty much everything!