ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POP email

Ph2 172
Anyone know of anywhere that provides POP email rather than just my isp.

My mail from my ISP (orange) is really pi****g me off atm, as it seems that orange's mail servers are blocked by some other mail servers so mail just doesn't get through.

I was looking at gmail, seems good but it seems you have to have an invite - or you can get it tested to you, but not in the UK. Hotmail plus allows you to check in outlook/express, but at £15 a year - would rather avoid that aspect!!!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
hotmail/yahoo/gmail - nearly every mail provider can be set up to work in outlook...

tell me what you have and i'll tell you th settings!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye gmail is the s**t.. free POP3 access.. threaded for mailing lists etc..

Ph2 172
b3nje - my orange mail is @fsnet.co.uk (from way back in the freeserve days!!!)
I also have an @hotmail.com

If i can use that in outlook then then that may solve my probs!!!
I am fairly familiar with setting up a/c's from within outlook express, so if you do have the settings then shouldn't be a huge problem.

GavFre, that could also sort it nicely!! Does it need to be forwarded to my email - i'll PM it to you if so - rather than post in the open which is bound to atract me more spam!

Rav4
you have to pay hotmail for the upgraded account in order to use the pop connectivity.

Gmail is your best bet.