ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pop and bang Rs Tuner - mega lol

BG 182 FF
Just finished mapping the clio with it and taken in for a drive.

Jesus its mental. Mega pop on gear change and almost ridiculous popping and banging on overun.

Pulls so so much better low down now its worlds apart from standard!

RECOMMENDED!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The gayest mod ever. You'll look like a proper helmet.

Real pops and bangs ftw, not off some crappy map.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Probably placebo, but I switch from the P&B map back to the RON98 map and for some reason it felt more sluggish, so I put the p&b map back on.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The only Clio i've seen with this on was at Llandow a couple of years ago and it was hilarious for about 20 seconds.

Cheeky pop on over-run is great. I know when my car is up to temp (or properly hot haha!) when it pops and burbles on over-run .. Noises like shotguns going off every few seconds would be embarrassing and tiresome.

I give it a fortnight before you change it back !

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I cant get the 182 to pop at all without the map. I tried the feathering of the throttle, but nothing. is it possible?

I have as 182, it's got bigger cams full system (no cat) and only pops and bangs when I 1st start it and its working on the lower limiter, sounds broken but after 25-30 seconds it quietens down. It was mapped on the rollers when the cams were put in so I think it was mapped not to be vocal all the time as from my understanding with the mods it would be quite poppy on a standard map.... correct ?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I get the occasional pop/bang on change down from 4th to 3rd. It just makes you look like a ***** tbh.

172 Cup
I have a K-Tec stealth on my 172 (and original cat I think) and once or twice I've had it pop when lifting to go 3rd to 4th somewhere near the top of the revs. Wouldn't advise driving like that all the time though, particularly if it's just for the sake of sounding like a badbwoy.
Might I suggest you get a BMW 316i convertible? You could weld some mild steel tube in place of the cat and baffles and stick some //M badges in inappropriate locations. Would be proper rapid then innit bruv. brap brap.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Wish you could swap maps on the go on a 1*2. Pops and bangs obviously add to the driving experience, so I don't see the problem with them when you're on a b-road blast, it's just when you're driving every day that you don't want them. Being able to turn them off 90 percent of the time would be handy.

The videos I have heard of the Clio on P&B remap have been cringe worthy. Properly awful cheese-fest Toby Carvery.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Wish you could swap maps on the go on a 1*2. Pops and bangs obviously add to the driving experience, so I don't see the problem with them when you're on a b-road blast, it's just when you're driving every day that you don't want them. Being able to turn them off 90 percent of the time would be handy.

How do pops and bangs add to the driving experience?

182 Cup ITB
I had mine on a base map for a few weeks, how embarrassing. Sounded like a gunfight in a tin s**t-house. I once walked 5 miles rather than drive it. Thank God it's properly mapped now, not a pop or a bang to be heard.

Mental 172 Cup
Pops and Bangs would add to the driving experience if it didnt go mental.. Just one or two them yes.. But I would only ever recommend it for driving around town and a and B road blasts.. If you were on track then it's gonna get right on your nerves.. As you generally are on overrun above 4k for most of the time..

I've had both maps, no difference between the maps apart from the pops and bangs.. I would definately go without now a days.. Natural N/A and Boost pops and bangs FTW!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I've had both maps, no difference between the maps apart from the pops and bangs.. I would definately go without now a days.. Natural N/A and Boost pops and bangs FTW!

hmm I'm sure I can feel a difference between the two I have. Maybe my ron98 map isn't real? Perhaps some nice person could pm me a copy of there RON98 map so I can run a file compare on them? I have 'Clio 182 8200_7804_F4R738_RON98_1110.cal'

PB Clio 172

agree with you there

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I remember FCS a few years ago and nearly EVERY 1*2 on the parade lap had this map, it was hilarious.