ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor Running from Cold

Clio 172 Cup. 43,000 miles

Running rough from cold, I think it will be the spark plugs, if so, having a quick look at the engine, im gonna need new gaskets down there. Anyone got part numbers for these?

Any one got any experience in running rough from cold?

Thanks in advance.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
going from what all the other guys on here have been saying, rough running when cold is a common trait of that engine. Changing the plugs may improve it though.

No offence mate, but it seems to me that a lot of people on here have the same attitude, i.e. common problems like that dont matter, just because its common doesnt mean its ok to leave.

It run fine upto a week ago, there must be some sort of problem, however small. They dont come off the production line like that, therefore to me its a problem I would like to be able to resolve.

But yeah, spark plugs will be the first to replace.

i wouldn't say mine runs rough but from cold does tend to idle at 1200 revs because its cold and sounds worse than when its warm .

even with only 20k odd on the clock

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
No offence mate, but it seems to me that a lot of people on here have the same attitude, i.e. common problems like that dont matter, just because its common doesnt mean its ok to leave.

It run fine upto a week ago, there must be some sort of problem, however small. They dont come off the production line like that, therefore to me its a problem I would like to be able to resolve.

But yeah, spark plugs will be the first to replace.

i never said it didnt matter. I said it was a common trait.

i didnt say you should sit back and except it. I would want i fixed too.

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
This could be no help but it might be worth looking into, Millers do some good additives I had this problem (not a 172) but it helped, you never know your luck:approve:

[/quote] i never said it didnt matter. I said it was a common trait.

i didnt say you should sit back and except it. I would want i fixed too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry dude, that came out a bit harsh, but you catch my drift.