ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor mpg all the time

1.2 16v
No matter what I do I get poor mpg. Long or sort distences get around 30 no matter what I do any ideas?:S

Euro carparts.. Get the bosch one and on the click and collect screen enter "test31" in the promotional code area and get 31% off..

my 182 had a healthy 21 mpg on the clocks today, could i assume it needs a new lambda sensor as well? any more codes Martin 182? that one doesnt seem to work.
thanks guys

1.2 16v
my 182 had a healthy 21 mpg on the clocks today, could i assume it needs a new lambda sensor as well? any more codes Martin 182? that one doesnt seem to work.
thanks guys

Sounds. Like it if it doesn't change no matter what. Driving. Style it will be

interesting i have just found a reciept for the lambda replacement in march 2012!!!! surely it wouldnt balls up that quickly!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Have you tried filling ur tires up ?? I no its silly but I lost 5/8mpg in the works van tires didn't look like they needed it.

thanks guys
try i think it was maybe deal31 infact that doesn't work either so just use parts25 and get 25%
or try oilspill30

Last edited:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Even with a coked up cat and possible dodgy lambda I still averaged 43.7 on the last tank in the RB!

Have you thought of looking at your driving style? Could it be better?

EDIT: just realised its a 1.2. 8v I assume? They're renowned for pathetic MPG... however I still suggest the above.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Even with a coked up cat and possible dodgy lambda I still averaged 43.7 on the last tank!

Have you thought of looking at your driving style?

21 sounds pretty bad to be fair, it's only a 1.2. I would recommend diagnostics and not just throwing parts at the problem.

I have some shocks in for a cup packed 182 if you want them Sash, turned up wrong for another customer but remembered you needed some

1.2 16v
If its using. That much fuel there's an issue around the out put if it was any thing. To do with intake you would know about it

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
oh hang on a minute, so the 1.2 16v is getting 30mpg? yeah that's all they do, they're crap

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
182 doing near 40 is normal and easy, you don't have to stress the engine to make progress so it can be driven efficiently. The 1.2 16v in almost every case I've seen struggles to get any better than 35 when driven sensibly.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I hover between 28-31mpg but I sit in traffic a hell of a lot. Think my average speed according to the trip for the work commute is something like 12 mph