ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor Central Locking Range ph2

MX5, A4 Avant
Hi all,
Found a few threads but nothing conclusive, I have a ph2 172 and the locking range is pathetic, so much so I now have to touch the key on the windscreen/roof of the car and hold the button down, usually having to "wave" the key over the car whilst pressing the button, eventually it unlocks. I believe the door locks have been changed at some point as the ignition key does not fit the front door locks, hence I'm VERY keen to get this resolved sharpish!

Before the logical next step, yes the battery has been changed and confirmed good!

Anybody else ever had this problem, is there an RF antenna in the headlining or anything I can investigate?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Would like to know this too. my current 182 has a range of 7m. My previous one was 25-30m .

It might be the key , not the receiver though.

I've had this on my 172 ph2 since day one changed both key battery's both my key and the spare are the same about 5m distance I didn't get anywhere with making it better been about 4 years