ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polycarb Windows

182, 172 Track Shed
Not sure which section was best for this but anyway...

Just wondering the best way to fit polycarb windows on my track car?

Ill be looking to remove the electric window motor and mechanism so obviously need some way to hold the polycarb windows in place...

Did have a search but didnt seem to be too much detail

The front windows are fitted by removing everything for the door i.e. motor etc and then drilling through the metal from of the door into the poly and then screw through! Rears are just bonded in :)

182, 172 Track Shed
Cheers for that mate, does your epic car have polycarb windows?

Any close up pics showing how they are fitted?

182, 172 Track Shed
No worries mate, Yes has polycarbs on the sides but not on the rear window :)

I may have some on my computer at home so will check when I finish work this eve!

Thanks a lot mate, Im fairly useless with tools so any pics would be a great help!!

182cup & 172 racecar
Once you have removed all the sh1t from inside the door and the old glass is out,slide in new poly window and just put either a self tapper or a small nut and bolt through the runner rail down the side, this will stop it coming down.

Thanks a lot mate, Im fairly useless with tools so any pics would be a great help!!
Sorry mate just got in from work and checked unfortunately I don't have any photo's showing how they fit but once you have everything stripped out and door card off it really is easy :) Hope you get sorted!

182, 172 Track Shed
Nope! Mine are held with sikaflex in the channels on the front. If they ever need removing I'll have to cut the doors off them though!! Lol

Right Sikaflex for mine as well then!

If they pop out and decapitate someone at Bedford tomorrow Ill blame you!!