ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly-bush Lower engine mount fitting

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Hiya guys, i having the power-flex poly bush's fitted to the lower engine mount next week by a local garage, im gonna ask them to check over the other mounts at the same time too

They've asked me if i can get some pictures or guides for fitting it...

Does anyone have any pics info for fitting that i can give to them ??

Much appreciated !

williams 2,seat leon
its 2 bolts, just remove old one replace bushes and re fit, you shouldnt really need a garage to do it tbh.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Yeah i could have a go, just dont fancy something going wrong and being stuck on the driveway.

So its the same concept as the dogbone then ? Make sure the thicker end of the smaller bush's is up against the engine ?

172DD Cup
So its the same concept as the dogbone then ?

i think the dogbone is the one you are having changed. the only powerflex engine bush/mount for the clio is the dogbone. is it this one?
resize_image.php

if so, the smaller part of the smalle bush goes up against the engine. if the larger part goes against the engine, you get more play = more vibration etc etc

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
yeah it looks exactly like that, i take it is the dogbone mount then.

when i ordered the mount it was called poly bushes lower engine mount for 182 (twisted type mount)

I was advised by one of the traders on here to change it, as my exhaust keeps blowing on the centre join. When revving you can see the cat moving up and down underneath which i reckon is causing the seal to keep going.... And the trader said changing the lower engine mount will help the issue as it controls the most engine movement.

But i take it the dogdone mount affects the gearbox movement mainly ?

Last edited:
  172DD Cup
It reduces the amount the engine AND gearbox move back and forth

sent from my android phone using tapatalk

172DD Cup
Can't recall where the washers go, does the guide on here tell you?

sent from my android phone using tapatalk

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Righto, lovely job !! I'll report back once its on

Many thanks for the help guys much appreciated ! :D

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Thread resurrection :)

Just to confirm, the two washers go on the top and bottom part of the smaller of the two bushes, is that right?