ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polo rad for bodies?

Clio 172 phase 1
Hi guys know it's recently been covered about the alloy rad but sadly I can't afford it .... I'm just about to buy the ktec bodies kit. Do I have to have the polo rad? My rad could use a refresh what is the year etc of the car I need the rad off? Or an o.e part no :) cheers

Mec 350 slk manual
The Ktec itbs kit will fit with your std rad but will have to change it if you put longer trumpets on .

Clio 172 phase 1
Gen 90 ecu will be buying the full kit....... Ooo don't like the idea of overheating!!! What rad would u reccomed if I was to have the longer trumpets

Clio 172 phase 1
Link me to ur thread man save me digging around? Would enjoy the read spesh about ur cams... Heard on here I've got some pipers that are cheap as chips and tidy work..... Not going for a set of those for a yr tho as belts have only been done last august :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Gen 90 ecu will be buying the full kit....... Ooo don't like the idea of overheating!!! What rad would u reccomed if I was to have the longer trumpets
You will possibly struggle for room with the K-Tec kit with longer trumpets; the filter is easily fouled and you may have to tweak and modify a few things to make longer trumpets fit optimally. Just keep an eye on the filter, too; ensure it's healthy.

Clio 172 phase 1
I seen a pic of the state of ur filter!! So I'll so the option and upgrade the filter at time of said purchase! However I've just pmd tom as it sounded like he had to buy tonnes more to actually get the kit installed and running ... He mentioned about purchasing the software ? Surely it's all included with the ecu? And also about a 4 bar regulator .... I'm curious to know if it comes suppled as a lot that I can literally install and enjoy without more a bank being thrown at it .... Cus to me nearly £2400 I'd want a comprehensive kit that like I say plug and play :)

Clio 172 phase 1
Yeh but surely u need the software to be able to set the tps sensor and idle etc? ........ Obv not software for mapping as of course that's going to cost the money ..... So if that is needed it's not a kit it's 3/4 a kit and of no use with out it as the car won't be drivable??? Or is this not the case?

Clio 172 phase 1
Tom please can u reply to above post or p.m curious to know if it's a fit and drive kit or if I'm going to have issue and what other hidden " costs are needed .... How much was the software and why did u need it?

Clio 172 phase 1
Niicce so u pretty much have to buy the software to use the kit? ... How much was it man? Sound expensive lol

Clio 172 phase 1
Ouch did u buy the bodies and then the ecu though or did I buy there kit with the ecu? I've worked it out that there software is 170 and the ecu inc software and bodies is like £50 more individually.... Hmm

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the kit with the software separately and used the CS 5% discount.

If you had 10% off it would work out cheaper to buy it all separately.

Clio 172 phase 1
I'll drop them an email see what the score is and what they can do for me :) I'm not too bothered about them
mapping the ecu ( alough there is a lot of bad stuff said the way I see It it's their ecu ) I'll see if they can sort me out a deal or somtheing :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, worth a try.

The ECU and software is pretty good tbh. The only downside is you lose the shift light and trip computer.

The sound is great though :D

Clio 172 phase 1
Looking at it it's not too much more to buy all separate i think I'll just do that as I plan on doing it over the 12month pay for later deal they offer :)..... Aww bugger I love my trip computer :( but I'll love with out that for the pure noise!! :)

Mec 350 slk manual
Looking at it it's not too much more to buy all separate i think I'll just do that as I plan on doing it over the 12month pay for later deal they offer :)..... Aww bugger I love my trip computer :( but I'll love with out that for the pure noise!! :)
There's a gen90 for sale £900 on here if your quick

Clio 172 phase 1
Cheers for the pointer but I'm gonna do the finance thing so only going to put £500 down and pay the rest monthly :) good price tho especially if it's already mapped!

330i. E30 Touring.
I'll drop them an email see what the score is and what they can do for me :) I'm not too bothered about them
mapping the ecu ( alough there is a lot of bad stuff said the way I see It it's their ecu ) I'll see if they can sort me out a deal or somtheing :)

Irrelevant.

No idea why anyone would consider mapping there for the sake of saving £150.

Clio 172 phase 1
Yeh finance is fine it's my toy I use it 3-4 times a week as I love it :) but I me and the mrs have a brand new fiesta so anywhere sensible I use that :) I could buy them outright next month but I'd be skint I prefer to pay bit by bit and then if I need to just pay it all off only the same as putting it on a credit card really...... Turns out I have to buy that software anyhow so looks like ktec won't be the first place to map it however I don't know of anywhere close to southwales that can/will map it? Unless any one can tell me some where

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, if you're spending that much on the kit then you shouldn't be worrying about taking it further afield to get it mapped. Why spend all that money and then have a bad map that wrecks the engine? :) I'd budget a little extra for taking it to somewhere like RS Tuning. :)

Clio 172 phase 1
Fair comment .... Would it drive okay on the standard base map they supply as it would probably have to wait a month or two to get done ..... Feeling I might have to save for a month and then buy them fit them and take the car up on my week off in august ....

Fair comment .... Would it drive okay on the standard base map they supply as it would probably have to wait a month or two to get done ..... Feeling I might have to save for a month and then buy them fit them and take the car up on my week off in august ....

Personally I'd take it to mike/james in staines for mapping.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Mine did and I drove it to get mapped

Clio 172 phase 1
Hmm :) if I can run it on the base map for a bit and it'll run okay I'm well happy it's not financially viable for me to buy the kit / pay deposit and then have to spend another £300 on mapping plus any hidden things I may have to buy ( cables or something stupid lol that )

Why not buy a Jenvey ITB kit from Jenvey £1300 from memory, Get RS-Tuning/SJM etc to fit a Typhoon ECU and Map it. You will end up with a better kit, better performance and probably cost the same if not less.

Clio 172 phase 1
What's the typhoon ecu? Excuse the ignorance I've not looked much into tuning this car just spent a fortune on handiling and now I'm usto the power need a bit more go :) and I love the sound of the bodies so that's what I want :) ..... I'll be going for the Jevey kit all day as I've seen other peoples and love it .... Can dan at sjm map a gen 90 as well as I've used him before and he's closer ..... But please tell me more about the typhoon ecu kit :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It should be fine to drive temporarily on the base map. Just don't go mad and keep it sensible until you get it properly setup.

Why not buy a Jenvey ITB kit from Jenvey £1300 from memory, Get RS-Tuning/SJM etc to fit a Typhoon ECU and Map it. You will end up with a better kit, better performance and probably cost the same if not less.
^ This to be honest. I wish I'd done this in the first place rather than the K-Tec kit. Mind you, I do like the plug 'n' play GEN90.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I would go for the proper Jenvey kit rather than the K-Tech/Jenvey direct to head kit. With that kit you can fit 120mm trumpets to get more mid range torque if you want, Jenvey do a full kit as well using an Omex ecu its a little older design than the ones mentioned above but opens up loads of places for mapping.
Im running a polo size rad just now on my high comp engine and not getting any water temp problems, but that is just track use so depends if your going to be stuck in traffic.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got 130mm trumpets on my K-tec kit ;) + the K-tec bodies are 40mm longer than the normal Jenvey offering so my inlet lenth is 50mm longer than a Jenvey setup with 120mm trumpets.