ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish

Oh ok, thanks, lol, just washed my car with a sponge tonight!! Yeah i really like clean looking cars, and i dont mind putting in the extra effort/time, cause its always worth it. So where can i get a wool mit from? cost?

And what do you all use to apply/take off your polish? Thanks

the only problem with them is you cant buy online, you need to download a order form and pay by cheque, but i can cope with that, like brun says very very good service and he sells very good premium products at a reasonable cost

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 20 January 2005

the only problem with them is you cant buy online, you need to download a order form and pay by cheque, but i can cope with that, like brun says very very good service and he sells very good premium products at a reasonable cost
i usually pay him through my internet banking

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 20 January 2005

yup, one of the best i have used also

you referring to Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax by meguiars in a black bottle?

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 20 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 20 January 2005Lets us know if you need a hand Brazo[/QUOTE]I was kinda hoping you would say that!

LOL, No probs :cool:

Volvo S60 T5

I use Jewelultra Diamond Brite to polish mine, always come out like new, cleaned last saturday..will get some pics up this weekend.

106 GTi

Autoglym Rubber Plus ( Trade Product) or Autoglym Super Sheen ( Trade version of Vinyl and Rubber)

106 GTi

Finish is quite semi-gloss for the rubber plus or Glossy looking with the vinyl and rubber.

Have look on the Autoglym website for the local trade supplier in your area, give him/her a call and save your self some money buying larger sizes. They have a few vans that do the rounds and will come to you. As far as I know this is the only way to buy trade producs from AG. This is the only place I have seen Rubber Plus for sale. Vinyl and Rubber can be brought from Halfords. If you like it, get some in 5L size under the name of Super Sheen direct from Autoglym.

I have a pearl black 172 and i am not getting good results when polishing. Could you list a quality shampoo and polish that would be ideal for a black 172. I am going to buy one of those mitts as well seen as you all recommend them.

Cheers

Matt

meguiars nxt wash, the polish depends on how much time you want to spend, i.e. do you just want a 1 bottle solution (not as good results), or do you want a 3 bottle solution (really good results like above).

right well i just bought some stuff from here http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/sp/products/polish_wax.php#16 http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/sp/products/polish_wax.php#16 and thats what i used above.

i got some

Clearkote VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE

Poorboy’s EX-P

P21-S Concours Look Carnauba Paste Wax

you use them in the above order, really pleased with the finish, and i have used dome serioulsy expensive products.

i also recomend using a claybar on you paint before doing any of the above

also you get 10% discount from them, while your buying get some waffle microfibre drying towels, some microfibre cloths, megs lambswool wash mit

its a bar made of clay, and basically you rub it on your paintwork and it removes tar etc, you use a lube with it to, leaving your paint glass smooth , it was a bit of a valeters secret but has become more mainstream lately.

megs do one, link here http://www.meguiars.co.uk/http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Quik Clay Detailing System

Tree sap, overspray and industrial fallout are just a few of the contaminants that bond to your paint’s finish making it rough and lacklustre. Meguiar’s Quik Clay Detailing System will quickly and safely restore a smooth-as-glass finish. Polishes and waxes then apply and wipe off in half the time with dramatically improved results.

473ml plus an 85g bar - £11.99

[Edited by 182blue on 21 January 2005 at 5:53pm]

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 21 January 2005

thx for your help

your pics look very nice.

Ive just waxed mine today too.

Ive done 9k now, and under the side skirt close to the front wheel is all rough now with stuff flicking up, I take it yours is like this too?

Ford Fiesta

I polish and wax under there but no wax will stop stuff flicking up and damaging paint will it.

no it wont, mine ase a bit rough but i cut it and it seems ok, but there are some deep ones that wont come out, i suppose the only answer would be mudflaps !!!!!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

182blue - thats an amazing shine your car has. How long did it take you from start to finish.

Was planning on cleaning my alloys thoughroughly and wondered if it quicker to just jack the car up and take the wheels off one at a time to clean. Does anyone take their wheels off to clean?

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 21 January 2005
182blue - thats an amazing shine your car has. How long did it take you from start to finish. Was planning on cleaning my alloys thoughroughly and wondered if it quicker to just jack the car up and take the wheels off one at a time to clean. Does anyone take their wheels off to clean?

I did, 2 days after getting it.

All wheels off, cleaned and waxed them, inside and out.

Havnt done it since though.

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 21 January 2005

182blue - thats an amazing shine your car has. How long did it take you from start to finish.

Was planning on cleaning my alloys thoughroughly and wondered if it quicker to just jack the car up and take the wheels off one at a time to clean. Does anyone take their wheels off to clean?

er it has took me about 10 hours over 2 days, but i have done alot to it , i.e wash, clay, clean/glaze, seal, wax, then did wheels