ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police smart cars

BMW 330D
Anybody from Manchester seen them, they are usually parked on main roads and have a small camera coming out of the roof. Whats the score with them i thought they were speed cameras but i've just read about some down south being used for minor driving offences like eating etc They use one all the time near my house and it just seems like a massive money making scheme.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
We have a council one near us. Its for speeding here and they use it to catch people that park on double yellows and zigzags outside of schools etc.

Turbos.
We have one parked up round here, not sure what for, but its not for speeding. I think it may be for bad parking (i.e. double yellows / zigzags). But it is a pretty obvious warning sign having a Smart with a fcuk off sized camera on the roof!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
They stick speed camera warning signs out just before them here, then you see the smart car with a mast, lol!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
There are ones down Oldham Road most mornings heading into town parked up, catching people driving down the bus lanes.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
There is 1 on oldham road heading out of manchester that used to hide behind the fence on the carpark there, since the legislation for making them all visible it sits on the grass slope, i assume catching speeders.

BMW 330D
The one i saw was sat on Hyde road with came pointing at pottery lane as it crosses hyde road. So was either anpr or speed. No camera warning just a police sign on the bonnet

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They're f*****s round here, they're for parking and bus lanes. They go around all the backstreets parking up like c***s themselves then raise the mast.