ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police chase a 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  330Ci cab
alan, you got the green receipts from the station once you produced ;) sorry, bit pedantic there.
i was on the receiving end and at one point i had laminated my licence as it was falling to bits, was on first name terms with the desk staff.
i dont have a problem if you dont believe me, thats upto you. you dont know me, i dont know you

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So lets get this straight.

Kid speeds excessively through residential areas at some points over a ton and gets a few slaps by the fuzz = Most People think the Police are the bad guys for doing it.

A year ago Kids smashing up parts of London = The reaction by people on this forum of they should get the Army in to give them a slap.

So when young scrotes do wrong you want the coppers to give em a slap when the scrotes get a slap the response is the Police shouldn't have done that.

Police can't win sometimes.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So lets get this straight.

Kid speeds excessively through residential areas at some points over a ton and gets a few slaps by the fuzz = Most People think the Police are the bad guys for doing it.

A year ago Kids smashing up parts of London = The reaction by people on this forum of they should get the Army in to give them a slap.

So when young scrotes do wrong you want the coppers to give em a slap when the scrotes get a slap the response is the Police shouldn't have done that.

Police can't win sometimes.

You're missing the point completley.

The Police office lost his rag, ergo, he should not be a Police officer. Adrenaline fed or not, he lost it. As i said in my previous post, whats to say he wont lose it in another situation where such force isnt required in the slightest? Would it make it okay then?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I'm not so much commenting on the reaction of the copper more the reaction of people in this forum.

Now Sold :-(

The Police office lost his rag, ergo, he should not be a Police officer. Adrenaline fed or not, he lost it. As i said in my previous post, whats to say he wont lose it in another situation where such force isnt required in the slightest? Would it make it okay then?

And you are making an assumption.

You say the cop lost his rag. How do you know he wasn't completely calm and making a considered decision to strike the lad to achieve a considered outcome.
The only person who knows is him.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
And you are making an assumption.

You say the cop lost his rag. How do you know he wasn't completely calm and making a considered decision to strike the lad to achieve a considered outcome.
The only person who knows is him.

So in your eyes this is normal Police behaviour?

This is what they train the Police for is it? This was far and away never a 'considered' decision, it was fast and reckless behaviour.

I just hope that the tit they pulled from the car has the common sense to seek legal advice against the calm and collected Poilce officer.

Pulled 390 times. 12 points. Duffed up by some coppers and thrown in a cell for six hours. Model citizen IIRC. f**king pigs eh.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

I said that I couldn't give a definitive explanation because I didn't, and still don't know all the facts. It's a shame you can't do the same.

What if this kid driving the Clio had wiped out someone you love? Would you be bothered a out the little t**t getting a slap then?

And as for being adrenaline fed, how is he supposed to stop himself from getting an adrenaline dump when all this is going on? Maybe we should get ED209's to drive the cop cars?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345982188.664456.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
But he never though did he?

What if the boy getting the slap had problems mentally and was your brother? Would you be concerned over his treatment? Ofcourse you would.

The point i am making is - both the Police officer and the driver are in the wrong. One however is a 'sworn in' trained professional, yes?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Having been in these kind of situation many many times you don't have a lot of time to think. Adrenaline is pumping through your system and your own personal safety is paramount. Those coppers had no way of knowing what the lad had on him. The fact that he was so desperate to get away has to heighten your risk assessment.

Yes the copper is a trained professional but he's also a human being.

I'm not trying to change your opinion but just trying to give mine in a measured way. I have already said that there are some officers that can be over the top but I'll reserve judgement on this one until I know all of the facts.

Edit. And if it was my brother I'd honestly think he got all he deserved for driving like that and putting other peoples lives at risk.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
When I lived in Nottingham a bloke I used to walk my dog with was a custody desk Sergeant because he'd quit traffic,
he was sick of being up in front a judge and asked,

'so why did you feel it necessary to ram Mr Bolggs off the road causing him whiplash'?

'well seeing as he was doing 60 through a school zone at 3:30pm I thought it was the best option for public safety'

'well because you've injured him and were a bit heavy handed in your arrest, we're letting him off with a 10 hours of community service
and letting him file for damages'

He was also sick of being put in front of the powers that be and asked why he's damaged a very expensive Impreza or Evo,
so he decided to ride a desk for the same wage instead of putting up with all the sh*t.

F*cking disgusting imo.

So in your eyes this is normal Police behaviour?

This is what they train the Police for is it? This was far and away never a 'considered' decision, it was fast and reckless behaviour.

I just hope that the tit they pulled from the car has the common sense to seek legal advice against the calm and collected Poilce officer.

Does it happen every time the police stop a vehicle following a pursuit? No. So it's not normal police behavior.

Does it sometimes happen? Yes it does and on each occasion the officer involved would have to justify why they did what they did. If that justification doesn't hold water then the cop could face criminal charges just like anyone else that commits an assault.

The fact remains you, I and everyone else that has made a comment do not know the full circumstances of this incident. Seen in isolation I agree it looks out of order.

I point out the case of the cop in London who was filmed giving a back hander to that female protestor. Everyone was up in arms claiming brutality and called for the cops job. Fact is when all of the evidence was put before a jury he was acquitted and his actions deemed to be reasonable in the circumstances.

Astra (H) VXR
I got pulled once for doing 50 in a 30... Straight 3 points. Knew I was getting and I was blatantly in the wrong so I just tried to have a laugh about it with the coppers one saw the funny side and the other then proceeded to ask if I was on drugs and decided to breathalyse me think I was either stoned or pissed!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Copper giving the kid a slap, don't agree with this one bit, should have used the batton and tasered him for good measure.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Does it happen every time the police stop a vehicle following a pursuit? No. So it's not normal police behavior.

Does it sometimes happen? Yes it does and on each occasion the officer involved would have to justify why they did what they did. If that justification doesn't hold water then the cop could face criminal charges just like anyone else that commits an assault.

The fact remains you, I and everyone else that has made a comment do not know the full circumstances of this incident. Seen in isolation I agree it looks out of order.

I point out the case of the cop in London who was filmed giving a back hander to that female protestor. Everyone was up in arms claiming brutality and called for the cops job. Fact is when all of the evidence was put before a jury he was acquitted and his actions deemed to be reasonable in the circumstances.

Its still un-professional, just because this might not happen 'after every chase' doesnt make it right.

The fact remains, he lost it and in my opinion he should be made an example of. Simple as.

WRX
Serves him right for driving like that on the road - THE END. I have no sympathy for him at all.
If he had nicked it or hurt somebody he should have got more, probably think twice about doing it again.
Oh and everybody would be happy with paying about 50% less insurance.
Some answers on here deserve a slap too pmsl. If criminals actually got the punishment they deserve then all normal people would be far happier. Also can't believe Ron has to try to justify the Police actions to some muppet comments on here. As he said there are some that are over the top but they are fine when ​reasonable folk need them.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Its still un-professional, just because this might not happen 'after every chase' doesnt make it right.

The fact remains, he lost it and in my opinion he should be made an example of. Simple as.

Its very easy for you to sit on a forum and point the finger at a Police Officer after watching a 10 minute clip on Youtube without any audio. You do not know the full story. Perharps the guy was known to the Police, wanted, had a history of violence or carrying weapons. So long as his actions are justified and proportionate then you really have no issues. I'm not saying what the Officer did was, nore am I saying he is wrong, but don't jump on the 'f**k the police' bandwagon because you have seen a Police Officer giving someone a couple of smacks to the head. You'd be saying something quite different I'm sure if he was racing your stolen car around residential streets at 70+ and slammed into an innocent person, or worse, someone you knew and killed them. Lucky he wasn't in the states, they'd or rammed him of the road, guns drawn, dragged him out, laid a beatdown on his ass. Police can never win in this country.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
why do they insist on pulling people out through the windows?
TBF I'd just open the door and put the cuffs on and have a cup of tea.

He'll only end up with a ban and community service anyway.

260% JCW
Its very easy for you to sit on a forum and point the finger at a Police Officer after watching a 10 minute clip on Youtube without any audio. You do not know the full story. Perharps the guy was known to the Police, wanted, had a history of violence or carrying weapons. So long as his actions are justified and proportionate then you really have no issues. I'm not saying what the Officer did was, nore am I saying he is wrong, but don't jump on the 'f**k the police' bandwagon because you have seen a Police Officer giving someone a couple of smacks to the head. You'd be saying something quite different I'm sure if he was racing your stolen car around residential streets at 70+ and slammed into an innocent person, or worse, someone you knew and killed them. Lucky he wasn't in the states, they'd or rammed him of the road, guns drawn, dragged him out, laid a beatdown on his ass. Police can never win in this country.

I don't care to much for criminals in fact i often cringe at some of the sentences they dish out and think they get an easy ride. But even if he was Wanted ect in the end he put up no resistance, in fact he pulled over put his hazzards on, got dragged out of the car and then was punched several times in the head. He was already on the bonnet of the car ect when the Thug behind ran in and laid in to him.

WRX
Have people just fast forwarded to the last minute?
Oh turn a blind eye to the fact he's endangering lives and breaking the law FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll be nominating him for the Queen's Birthday Honours list next.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Oh turn a blind eye to the fact he's endangering lives and breaking the law FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drive like a nob most of the time, not indicating and leaving the correct stopping distances etc.

I'd like to be dragged through the window and punched.

I mean, his jean buttons would scratch the door etc, fckin nightmare detailing required after that.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So the lad got a few slaps round the head, who gives a f*ck?

I was a teenager in the 90s and at kicking out time around 1pm on a Friday night,
a meat wagon would pull up out the back of the pub and if you got to close,
the doors would open and you'd get dragged in and the living sh*t kicked out of you,
then you'd be thrown back out on the pavement.

I mean who were you going to tell, the Police?

If you got put in the cells in Coventry in the 90s there was nothing in them at all,
if the door opened you were asked if you wanted a mattress, if you were stupid enough to say yes,
then a load of coppers would bring a mattress in and kick the living f*ck out you on it,
so they didn't get blood on the floor.

People today don't know they're f*cking born, I know so many lads that got such a bad kicking in the cells
they'd end up in Hospital ffs.

No surveillance cameras back then.

260% JCW
They weren't 'proper' punches though.

No it looks like he was stroking his face.....:clown:

I'm not defending him but it was 2:30am and i didn't see a single pedestrian throughout that entire clip

Have you ever done 80mph on the motorway or 60+ on an A road?

WRX
I'm not saying you drive like a him, but by doing this ^^ are you not also endangering lives and breaking the law?

We've all done it.
I personally think the motorway speed limit should be increased, it's the slower drivers in the middle lane etc. that create problems, but there's a world of difference between the majority of people "pushing it a bit" and this total fool. I'd like to think that most people who drive quickly, use their experience and knowledge to assess when and where to give it some. I know plenty don't though. At least on a motorway or A road , you have some perception of the area ahead, so it is totally different. There is absolutely no excuse for his actions.
A shotgun only becomes a dangerous weapon when it's held.

Why is it unprofessional if the officer is acting within the law. Everyone in this country, police included, has the right to defend them self and others from attack. That includes the use of a pre-emptive strike to negate a perceived threat.
You continue to use the fact the cop 'lost it' as your basis for his actions being unlawful/unnecessary/out of order yet there is nothing in the film that would establish if he did in fact lose it or not.

I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this one for fear of going round in circles for all eternity.

Abarth 595
Why is it unprofessional if the officer is acting within the law. Everyone in this country, police included, has the right to defend them self and others from attack. That includes the use of a pre-emptive strike to negate a perceived threat.
You continue to use the fact the cop 'lost it' as your basis for his actions being unlawful/unnecessary/out of order yet there is nothing in the film that would establish if he did in fact lose it or not.

I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this one for fear of going round in circles for all eternity.

You honestly believe that was self defense by the copper?

Status
Not open for further replies.