ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plus net broad band

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Has anyone gone with plus net for their broad band?

Are they any good?

I have just set up an account with them after a mate recommended them. I haven't received my router yet but for some reason I don't know anything about the quality of the services they provide.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
been with them now for 3 months and had no problems so far ...apart from our poor average download speed of 1.6mb :cry: but tbh thats due to our location mainly and the same speeds were offered by numerous other broadband providers. The unlimited downloads between 12am - 8am is useful too

They are ace.

We run about 50 seperate accounts with them at work and very rarely have to phone them. On the odd occasion I do phone them they get it sorted out no bother!

I'd definatley recommend the.

All problems we have had has been down to the BT/line/exchange!

Their help is a local number and you get through to an english person straight away too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Amazing mate. Do a search for my thread.

Now over 24 months (domestic) on 75% discount from them and never had to phone them once for line problems. 100% recommend.

Nothing at the mo :(
Im lookiing to sign up with them in a few weeks.. Do they do any promotion codes? if so does anyone have any

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I don't have any promotion codes but when I signed up I got heavy discount.

I got the router for free, just had to pay for postage and packaging. Also the first 3 months are free broadband and line rental.

So I paid £50 for a BT line installing, £4.99 p and p on a router and get the next 3 months services completely free.

After the free period the line rental is £12.99 including free weekend calls and the broadband is £15 a month with optional high speed gaming bolt on.

To make it even better for me my mrs gets a £15 a month contribution from work for the broadband because she works from home.

Right win.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Can you use a d link router (that I got with virgin, my previous supplier) with plusnet?

Or are they locked to a particular broadband provider ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Netgear (possible Thomson) iirc when I recieved mine. Had it since new and never faultered once.

Iirc you can request a better router at cost.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I received a Thompson router, the online reviews were rating it as very poor.

The d link i received from my previous provider was a very good router, can this be used with plusnet ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Surely any router would work once set up? It would just be like going into pc world and buying one.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I don't know. I thought that providers could lock them to one specific provider. I'm not sure thiugh

Listerine & Poledo
Pretty sure that, unless you've moved onto an unbundles exchange from a BT-locked one, or over to cable from BT, you wont find a vast amount of difference in terms of speeds.

but you'll get some reet good phone support, ****.

Put the parents on Plusnet about a year ago, no difference in speeds from their old Tesco account, at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! How do even end up at that!

It's a BT line to start with.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Are they based in Rotherham Greg? I've found ripwire but they do buisness broadband ?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
surely bt infinity is a better deal at £28 with no connection charge as opposed to ripwire's £90 connection charge?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I got plusnet on a a 12 month contract, I hope thy have a cooling off period so I can cancel and go with another provider.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The first ten days plusnet test the line and reconfigure the router etc so I won't get a decent constant speed for the duration of this period. I will wait for this to be sorted and see what it is like, so far though they haven't been anywhere near as fast as virgin was

CBR1000RR Fireblade
2 days now.

My upload speed is 0.1 Mbs, I can't even attempt to play cod multiplayer.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had a BT line fitted and was charged £50.

Turns out the line can only support a maximum of 2Mbs download but averages 1Mbs.

Im raging, f**king idiots

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I finally got into cod today, my mrs went on the laptop in the other room and with one click of a mouse cod lagged and booted me out. I can't get back on now.

My connection speed is shocking

Im signing up to plusnet within the next week for the new flat in december.. £38 back from plusnet plus only roughly £15 a month all together with telephone and broadband

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I wouldn't bother, the only good thig about them is their customer service. The broadband they supply is useless and make online gaming hard work to say the least.

Anyways i just spotted orange do broadband.. not including line rental i can get it for £5 a month + unlimited downloads cause im a orange mobile phone user :p wicked