ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE Help

Mito Sportiva 135
More of a technical issue, I'm also going to post this on the general Technology section but really hope someone can advise. Basically somehow my dad has managed to save loads of photos somewhere on our PC and now can't find where they are. I've had a dig around but I can't see them. Some aren't important but my mum has recently come out of cancer treatment and so visited my 87 year old grandma in Spain who I haven't seen for 2 years and don't know when I will see again, and I REALLY want to know how I can find out where the photos are saved.

My dad has also selected the option to delete photos from his memory card after copying them so can't just transfer them again.

Please would someone be able to advise as these photos would honestly mean SO much to me and my family.

Thanks
Tom.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Do a search in Windows (assume you are on windows) for all documents and search for whatever file extension your camera uses (be it jpg etc) so for example search *.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Try something like this to recover from the card.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html

Also does your PC only have one disc showing ie 'C', or does it have another partition?

Just the one mate, I might have to look at that software, my mum and dad are away this weekend though if they overwrite the card will the old ones be lost?

Just so upsetting as potentially could be the last photos of me, my parents nd my nan together, and knowing they could never be replaced is almost bringing me to tears :dapprove:

Cupra
Download "everything". It is a search tool for windows.
Do a search for ".jpg" and sort by date modified.

If they don't show, they are not on the PC, so your best bet is to try to recover the photos from the memory card. There is software that can do it, even after a format.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
or try treesize. that'll be able to drill down, you can search via jpg with it too.. Although i would ager he's deleted them...

Even if they take more photos on the card, recovery software can usually receover some if not all the old ones.

It's A Reno
I am of no help to you at all, but I'd just like to say it's really good to hear that your mum is on the mend. :approve:

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok thanks for all the help guys! My dad is such a r****d lol.

And thanks to you too Pip, it has been tough but hopefully getting there.