ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help!!!

Can anyone tell me where there is is a relay for the alarm??

The alarm keeps going off on its own constantly, and I need a quick fix so not to really piss my neighbours off!! Ive disconnected the battery and its not stopped it!

52 reg 172 cup

Im writing this on behalf of my boyfriend, and he's asked me to rule out these "problem solvers" to anybody kind enough to share their knowledge with us!

"The alarm is going off as soon as i open the door, yet it is still letting me start the car. The alarm does not go off when being switched off with the key.

Checked the key and all is fine inside
Looked at sensors on boot, bonnet and doors and all seems to be fine.
Interior light OK, Boot light OK.
Tried the Interior sensors trick with turning the ignition on and off twice within 7 seconds and that doesn't seem to be working!!"

Also, not long ago we also had a problem with the hazard lights going on & off on their own without being able to stop it. We temporarily stopped this from happening, but I personally was wonding if this could have any relevance on our current problem.

we're at our wits end with the electrics on this car. :(

Other than calling out an expensive Auto Electrician, im not sure what else we can do.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
try leaving the battery disconnected and the car unlocked for several hours, then reconnect it, shut all the doors, windows, bonnet ect. lock the car with the plip leave for a minute the unlock it. this sometimes works if the alarm is playing up

megane 225
the car will start because the alarm and immobiliser are seperate, the alarm is a cat 2-1 upgrade. Aslong as you have the correct key the car will start (althought i would imagine if the alarm wasnt going off and you hadnt disarmed it it should of triggered with you starting it)
Check for water in the siren, ive hear it can cause problems with the alarm false triggering.
If you leave the door open and lock the car does the alarm beep at all?
disconnecting the battery probably wont work as to be Cat 2-1 the siren must be battery backup.
The siren itself is located under the scuttle panel on the passenger side just under the wiper motor.
I did have a fuse for mine which was located in the main engine fuse box, and was on the bottom left (you could tell it wasnt there as standard as it was a fuse holder which was stuck in place with a bit of glue)
To be honest most people who have had problems with the factory fit alarm either take it back to renault (who generally dont know anything as the alarms are not fitted by them) or they replace the whole system (as i have done)
Ill try and dig out my spare siren and you could mayabe give that a try?

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
i didnt say disconnect batt to silence alarm. it will eventually silence itself. however i have seen three clio's with the same problem and disconnecting the batt for a period of time then going through the lock/unlock procedure has cured two of them. the third had water in the unit directly under the radio Ariel (plip sensor) and a good squirt of wd40 cured that, however on that one the key did not work at all.

megane 225
wasnt aiming that at you mate, just in the 1st post it says they have tried unplugging the battery and it still carried on going

Hi guys, thanks for all your advice, I will forward this on to my boyfriend once he finishes work.

He did ask me before I read your posts to post that "the alarm will not de-activate". not sure if you could already tell that by my post or not, but hey, im only female.

Once again thanks, and I will keep you posted.

I told my boyfriend your advise and he said the following.

"Found the siren, dry as a bone. Doesnt seem to be a fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet.

If I leave the car unlocked with the battery disconnected , the alarm will carry on going off. I cant let that happen due to neighbours.

any further help guys?

try leaving the battery disconnected and the car unlocked for several hours, then reconnect it, shut all the doors, windows, bonnet ect. lock the car with the plip leave for a minute the unlock it. this sometimes works if the alarm is playing up

We tried this as a last resort and it worked, so thanks very much for your advise.

only thing is, im worried that this alarm problem may occur on a regular basis, you mentioned that you had seen this happen before on three clio's, did this trick completely cure the alarm problem? or is it likely to happen again?

Once again, thanks for your advise.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
you can't really do more than what you have done, poss take it to reno (expensive i know) but with a recurring alarm fault you don't have many options. i take it the plip locks and unlocks the car ok?

Clio Sport 182
check under the glove box at the back there is a wiring loom there with a 30 amp fuse in it pull the fuse it should stop the alarm going off... if not cut the wires to the siren and get a different alarm as the cobra one's fitted are sh*te

Its not a fuse, I have looked.

*Update*

Today, I disconnected battery again for 5 mins, reconnected battery, alarm then went off as bonnet was up, used the key to swith the alarm off, and it turned off!!

But now it has gone the complete oposite way! now it wont arm itself! which is obviously better than it being armed constantly, but doesnt solve the problem in the long run.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks for ALL your advice.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
check under the glove box at the back there is a wiring loom there with a 30 amp fuse in it pull the fuse it should stop the alarm going off... if not cut the wires to the siren and get a different alarm as the cobra one's fitted are sh*te

cutting the siren wires wont stop the hazards kicking off