ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help my laptops not loading??

Abarth Grande Punto
Hiya Guys,

Can some one please help me, i cant get my laptop to work!

What basically happens is....

Turn on the laptop,

But its not booting up properly it just goes into a Startup Repair screen it states attempting to fix errors and then restarts

But all i am getting is a black screen with a cursor?? I cant actually get into Vista?

I have not idea what is wrong with it, I had this problem a few years back with my pc and had to dump the lot and start again!

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista.

Please help someone! :dapprove:

F12 iirc... will alow you to access a submenu where you can boot it when it was last working properly, had the same prob with mine.

Abarth Grande Punto
no idea! Turned it on when i got home from work and it wouldnt load. I havent loaded any new software or hardware! All i want to do it try and save whats on my hard drive

1 Series Coupe
You'll need to run a chkdsk /r in the repair console..

You will need the Vista installation disc.

Abarth Grande Punto
okay i have tried with vista disk to repair. I have even reintalled vista but when i load up ot still gives me this missing file error. I just want to wipe clean and start again now but dont know how??

Abarth Grande Punto
im getting pissed off with this now. All i want to do is reboot the thing back to factory staright out the box condition! I have all the CD's the drivers disc and the vista reinstall disk but its not appearing to work. Anyone got any tricks up there sleeve??

Citroen DS3 DSport
The system restore cd which Dell supplied with the laptop should boot and offer you the option of returning the system to factory default. Alternatively try F8 on startup and see if you have any options there.

Abarth Grande Punto
all i am getting on startup is

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Citroen DS3 DSport
all i am getting on startup is

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Have you opened up the back and removed and reinserted the hdd? Wouldn't be the first time a laptop drive has worked itself loose.

Abarth Grande Punto
i did have the hdd out as i tried to salvage any work on it. But to my knowledge it went back into its place.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Something similar happenned to mine, turned out to be static build up. All I was told to do, was unplug from mains, remove battery, then hold the power button down for 30s. Leave it for a few minutes, re-insert the battery and try again. Could be something completely different, but worth a shout?

take it back to where you got it from and get a replacement...
it really shouldnt be giving you this much hastle, mine certainly didnt.

Abarth Grande Punto
i know what you mean nth. I bought it from currys 6 months ago. I dont know if they would help? Ive left it with a friend or a friend who is a computer wizz so hopefully he will be able to fix or at least diagnose the prob!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
i know what you mean nth. I bought it from currys 6 months ago. I dont know if they would help? Ive left it with a friend or a friend who is a computer wizz so hopefully he will be able to fix or at least diagnose the prob!

If its only 6 months old take it back and they will fix or replace it. Be careful letting your friend of a friend look at it. If they take it apart they might void the warranty.

197 Albi Blue
I had a similar problem with my dell laptop couple of months back. When it was about to finish booting up the power would cut out and so nothing happened. The when tried it again would get the repair (recomended) screen thing and then power would cut out again and you just couldnt actually start it up. Eventually it would work, but ended up sending it back to Dell and they replaced the mother board.

Has done it once since but it seems to have sorted it self out now and hasnt done it for about a month (touch wood)