ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please explain to me why....

Peddled device
....when I open Safari and select a web page, then leave Safari without closing the browsing app, when I return the page hasn't loaded, even though it had enough time/connection speed to do so? And sometimes when a page has loaded fully, when I leave and then return (again, without closing the app) the page is reloading and all I see is a blank screen? Sometimes I open a page, say the BBC news page, allowing it plenty of time to load fully, turn my iphone off (not fully off you understand), but when I reopen Safari the page has been lost and it starts to reload it again. You get the picture....

Why? And what can be done about it? I'm on the latest iOS8.

Is that not so it doesn't continue to use your data allowance whilst your phone is locked/app is minimized?

That's what I've always assumed, and it makes sense if so.

I'd hate for it to continually try to buffer videos for example if I was on a video heavy website.

clio 182 trophy
They have changed this now with the new upgrade. Pain in the ass if your are struggling to get an internet connection.

Fairly sure all iOS browsers are WebKit. Meaning there would be no functional difference.

iOS does this because it has limited RAM at its disposal, and keeping web pages in memory when not absolutely necessary is a waste of resources. It's much better with iPad Air 2, as it has 2GB RAM.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure when I first had my 4S back in 2011 it didn't do it.

Yeah it hasn't always done this as I notice this more now, sometimes I'll exit safari to check another app open up safari again and it reloads the page when I don't really need it too. A bit annoying sometimes when I'm in and out of safari quick and it still does it.