ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Check Order....

Breaking A 172 Replica
Bit of a detailing session as I am selling both clios in the next week. I have a few scratches I need to sort out (touch up pen when it arrives) but I will do that another day.

Process:

1. Power wash to remove flies dust etc...
  2. Wash using AG body wash and conditioner using lambswool mitt
  3. Dry using chamois
  4. SRP (how many coats?)
  5. EGP (how many coats?)
  6. Collinites Wax (How do I apply and how many coats?)
I need to use some scratch X on quite a few areas, where should I slot this into the regime?

Thanks

Sam

Breaking A 172 Replica
For one wash?

I cba with it. It can't be THAT bad can it?!

Is the order ok though? And when do I use the Scratch X?

Sam

106 GTi
The AG Shampoo actually seems to be well lubricated, makes a very slick wash solution just lacks suds.

Ditch the Chmpois for a drying towel

Scratch X before SRP.

SRP x 1 normally, EGP x 2/3 - 12 hours apart, or once a week after your weekly wash for a few weeks. Same for the wax apply 12 hours after the last EGP layer and worth doing 2 coats.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Ok thanks for that guys.

Rich - If I EGP and then wait 12 hours will I not have to wash the car again before the next coat? Same with the wax?

Thanks

Sam

106 GTi
If you have not got any form of cover and the car gets dirty between coats I would wash it, if you can keep it cleanish and nothing more than light dust just give it a wipe down with some quick detailer.