ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

play in inlet pulley phase shifter?

Willy, Willy 2, V6
So I am doing the cambelt change on my 182. I have the camshafts locked off using the special renault tool at the gearbox end. I have taken the timing belt off.

The exhaust cam is nicely locked, you can't turn it left/right, no play in it, as its fully locked off.

The inlet cam has a tiny little bit of play in it when you try to turn it left/right, probably 0.5degree, just minimal basically.

Is this normal, i.e. just the locking mechanism on the phase shifter, or is it knackered and there should be absolutely zero play in it?

Someone please let me know as if there is always a little play then thats fine, else I want to get a new one and replace it...

If so does anyone have the cost and part number please?

Also do the securing nut/bolt for pulleys and camshaft seals need replacing? Or good to use the old? (if so part numbers/cost anyone please? :) )

Many thanks...

PS procedure 1 is definately the way to go, hahaha, I see why now :)

Willy, Willy 2, V6
can any of the techs answer this one regarding the play in the phase shifter pulley for me plz?

need to know if i need to order a new one or not :)

ClioSport 172 Cup
All bolts and seals need replacing after any cam belt change. If the play is only half a degree on the phaser then its nothing to worry about.