ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

play in calipers

Clio 182
Just took my front wheels off to give the calipers a clean up - and noticed that both seem to have a bit of play in.

Is it normal that when you grab the main part of the caliper, you can rock it towards you and away from you (we are talking around 1mm either way) or does anything need tightening? just found it unusual that both are doing it.

thanks

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
When I had the brakes apart the other weekend to fit the discs and pads I cant say that I noticed any movement at all, when I put it all back together I made sure that I used plenty of locktite when bolting it all back together.

There are two bolt on the back of the Hub its worth checking that these are nice a tight.

Clio 182
cheers - will go and clean them up and loctite them back in then.. whoever had it before obviously hadn't done the job of changing pads brilliantly..

Another reason I took the wheels off was to make sure my pads were ok, as occasionally I get a grinding sound as if they are wearing thin.. pads are fine, so hopefully this might have something to do with it