ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasti-dip wheels yay or nay?

Titanium 182 FF
Considering plasti-dipping my Mk2 dyanmique wheels black , anyone got any examples or experience doing this? I.e will it look good or just shocking?

Cheers guys

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Nay, never tried it but I imagine it'll peel off and not wear very nicely.

bennettxo (hope I got that right!) Plasti dipped his mk3 alloys black, could be worth sending him a PM.

Edit: yeah that's right, take a look at his project thread it's a tidy car with some good mods, and Plasti dipped wheels iirc that'll interest you.

Civic Type R FN2
I recommend it, I dipped some wheels on my Astra about 2 years ago, matte black, they looked brilliant. They wore very nicely and stayed on throughout winter no problems. I only peeled them off because I was eager to see how easy the stuff comes off...nightmare. In some places where I hadn't sprayed it thick enough it was very stubborn to get off. So if you do it, make sure you spray it on thick! Almost a can per wheel!

Clio Trophy
i sprayed mine matt black, have not been on the car yet

2014-04-09175916_zpsfbf7a0f7.jpg

Titanium 182 FF
cheers for the advice guys! may just go ahead and do it worth a shot

Nice wheels mate saw a pair similar for sale near me just lacking the funds atm :(