ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasti Dip Entire car - results

Photo-TNI6LF3K-D.jpg

Photo-ZC7IPDVZ-D.jpg

Photo-7O3PCFUG-D.jpg

I don't often wear a full Face when I'm driving around town so that's the only picture I have of it! An atoms a car I drive it round the same track all day It soon gets boring!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No offence but you clearly don't know how plastic dipping works... it's peelable. You just peel off what you don't want it on afterwards.

thats why its so cheap as there is very little prep work, yeah work for the company google vision motorsport if anyone is intrested ill get a few quid off!

No offence but you clearly don't know how plastic dipping works... it's peelable. You just peel off what you don't want it on afterwards.
Me ?
He should have at least shown it without all of the bits covered over, I'm surprised the windows weren't covered over too lol!!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
You talking about my car Cat?
I Took pics as soon as i got home mate, I have sinced removed the dip that was on the lights and badges.. I will stick some new pics up if you like?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Me ?
He should have at least shown it without all of the bits covered over, I'm surprised the windows weren't covered over too lol!!

As he said those pictures are before he removed things himself. Thing is with this stuff is that's it's a cheap job, if you started removing everything beforehand the prep work is going to end up costing the same as a paint job.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
How did the dip cope with wear and tear of daily life? As at that price I could so easily be tempted to do mine if it is durable enough to last a few years.

The finish and colour of yours is real nice, I do like it

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
How did the dip cope with wear and tear of daily life? As at that price I could so easily be tempted to do mine if it is durable enough to last a few years.

The finish and colour of yours is real nice, I do like it
Its holding up ok. Had a few incidents but those were my own fault and fault of being in a carpark.
I'm having it all touched up and sorted tomorrow

Been washing it useing a Brush and pressure washer, staying around 8" from the surface and its fine.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy adding some proof of this ?

Go on DW and search, Few threads on it. I also know of a white Corsa that was done using all the correct stuff and when it was removed a few months later it had stained the paint a green colour which wouldn't shift even with aggressive polishing. It has now been wrapped to hide it.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Go on DW and search, Few threads on it. I also know of a white Corsa that was done using all the correct stuff and when it was removed a few months later it had stained the paint a green colour which wouldn't shift even with aggressive polishing. It has now been wrapped to hide it.
I have a feeling that was more to do with what thinners were used to mix the Dip.
If you use the correct ones as recommended by Dip You Car you wont have any issues.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ok. SO the time is approaching for me to remove the plastidip. The car is being Wrapped on the 30th of March.

So over the next month i want to try various things with the Dip, Such as taking it through auto car washes and the like.

What would you all suggest?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
After 2 of my mates ad a clio done in white lasted 3 weeks and a caddy van lasted 4 months both jobs done by midland car dip shocking work from that place

clio 172, mk1 caddy
I dipped mine myself and all paint underneath was fine, only bit that was dodgy was i had smoothed and primed the bootlid and it stained the primer brown due to it being porous but was on for 6 months with no problems!

Think its more to do with the thinners that are used tbh!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
It's bubbling badly around the windows, spilt some petrol on the dip yesterday, stained it lol.

Will try a car wash next week :)
I wonder what would happen if I took it to a polish car wash and the dip came off... Then I complained to the car wash haha

535d / t5 caravelle
I take it you didn't have a cigarette lighter handy when you spilt the petrol on it? [emoji6]

The pols would probably dismember your body! You have been warned!

On a serious note good on you for getting it done, I'd have tried a more lairy colour myself, make it stand out a bit more, hope the wrap is a good job [emoji106]

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ok.

Today on my way home i plan to take it through a machine car wash.
Then tomorrow i cover the car in WD40 to melt the dip!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck, I hope it comes off fully. One on my mates Silver Evo race car has been ruined by a purple "dip" to the point that it possibly needs a full respray now. It was done with stuff supplied by Liquid Car Wraps though

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well. It came off.
Had to use around 4L of WD40 to soften it.
It has pulled the lacquer off the mirrors and has dulled the gloss on half the car, but that may have been caused by the pressure washer being used so much.

The machine car wash did nothing to it

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1426947777423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1426947777423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184
  • FB_IMG_1426947777423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1426947777423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
  • 20150323_113034.jpg
    20150323_113034.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
  Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Its been polished. DDon't want to wax it as it's getting wrapped on Saturday so don't want to have to remove the wax before hand.