ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PITA Ph1 172 Airbox!

Iceberg Ph1
Hey foke.. Having a right mare this morning, was going to remove my airbox from my car to clean the itg filter as looking in where the CAF feeds are its full of sh!t! Anyways thinking it was simple enough to just unclip and pull the end off, away I went, but OH NO, nothing is ever so simples :rasp:

Any ideas on how I get the bugger out, I don't have to take the intake pipe to the TB off to get the airbox out do I?

Before anyone asks.. Yes, I undone the clips, CAF's and strap lol

Thanking you..

Ph 1 172
i usually tka eoff the whole section that goes to the throttle body yeah just makes it easier... as well as taking off the little rubber sill that runs along the front of the bumper where the bonnet sits

audi a6 3.0tdi
As above. it makes it far easier if you just disconnect everything from the throttle body, you can do it with out but its a case of forcing it out.

53 Clio's & counting
the easy way i find is undo the clip holding the pipe to the tb

then pull off the breather hose

then twist the whole inlet pipe so the opening is facing up and the hole for the breather you removed is facing down

the box will now lift out easily

refit is the reverse