ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piston on Rear calipers

The piston on my rear brake caliper has come too far out, i am trying to wind it back in but seems as if it aint on the thread.... can this be fixed?

i've tried putting pressure on it to get it to go but it is just turning and turning.... any advice? or new caliper?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
They only go back in if turned in the correct direction and the handbrake IS OFF. Clockwise I think?

ITB'd MK1
I've had a 205 gti (same caliper) do that before and it never worked the same again :(

clockwise is correct, it should just go onto the thread with a little pressure at the same time as turning (a special tool is available)

hhmmmmm, not what i wanted to hear.

are all rear calipers the same on the clios? or model specific? i.e. 182, 172, 1.2?

330i. E30 Touring.
Same on 172 and 182. 1.2s don't have discs on the back.

Same calipers on a 306GTi-6 I think, too.

Da

Less
I've got a N/S/R spare caliper, although it does have a small leak you could swap the seal then it'd be good to go.

Drop me a PM if you want it :)