ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer direct replacement speakers

Bus w**ker
There was a thread on these a couple of months back. Think it was a positive response.

172 cup
also seem to remember the positive result, what about fitting the tweeters though . . . is it a dash out job?

The tweeters are pain to fit, really anoying.

I had them and i thought they were good.

I have a Pug 206 now, and i still have the door speakers - you can buy them off me if you want, obviously at less than £70 as they dont come with the tweeters.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-Q131C/index.html

Anyone have these or used them, they are a direct replacement component speaker for the fronts of most Renaults including the Clio so you don't have to butcher the wiring to install your own cross overs. priced at £70 on Car Audio Security, which I thought was pretty good.

Peoples thoughts?

I'm waiting for a refund though on these from there - taking the piss with delivery - promised 2-3 days and its been 5 weeks now.

£50 for my pioneer door speakers (direct fit)

And the rest you can buy a nice set of tweeters.

All yours if you are interested.

kjf

RSC172 ph2
How difficult would it be to wire up new speakers instead of these?

I'm planning on upgrading very soon and I have been considering these or other pioneer splits.

Would the SQ be better with other pioneer splits + upgraded wiring?
Or would it only be a slight difference?

cheers

Never above 25mpg
How difficult would it be to wire up new speakers instead of these?

I'm planning on upgrading very soon and I have been considering these or other pioneer splits.

Would the SQ be better with other pioneer splits + upgraded wiring?
Or would it only be a slight difference?

cheers

Wiring is easy but these are a direct fit, much easier, I'd say if you had a different headunit to go for more powerful speakers but if you've got standard go for these.

PH1 Clio 172
I have fitted these into a friends car for them, tweeters were the only testing part of the install its nothing major though tbf.

I was very impressed with the sound quality, as soon as i have got a few things out of the way with my car i will be looking at upgrading my standard speakers to these also... 8/10 for me!

Sold mine today to VeinAST :)

Hope you are finding them ok, i was running them with a Pioneer head unit and thought that sounded good :)

Nice chap aswell, will defo be attending more local meets now!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
What makes the tweeters an arse to fit, is it just the dash off bit? If so then that's no bother, comes off in 5 mins with no hassle :)

Sod them.... get Alpine SPG-13CS' for the front and SPG-13C2's for the rear. Had mine in for about a month and they're bedded in nicely now. Sound v.good.

Never above 25mpg
Sold mine today to VeinAST :)

Hope you are finding them ok, i was running them with a Pioneer head unit and thought that sounded good :)

Nice chap aswell, will defo be attending more local meets now!

Aye! Mega bassy which is a definite improvement! Definitely need some new tweeters but that can wait!

And thanks, sorry for rushing off, bladder was full like Lisa Riley's dinnerplate!!:eek: